Speculation: Projected future timelines

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Timelines2023202420252026202720282029203020312032
CLarkinLarkinLarkinLarkinLarkinLarkinLarkinLarkinLarkinLarkin
CCoppCoppCoppCoppKasperKasperKasperKasperKasperKasper
CCompherCompherCompherCompherCompherLombardiLombardiLombardiLombardiLombardi
CRasmussenKasperKasperKasperDanielsonDanielsonDanielsonDanielsonDanielsonDanielson
LWDeBrincatRasmussenRasmussenRasmussenRasmussenRasmussenRasmussenRasmussenRasmussenRasmussen
LWFabbriSöderblomSöderblomSöderblomSöderblomSöderblomSöderblomSöderblomSöderblomSöderblom
LWBerggrenFabbriBerggrenBerggrenBerggrenBerggrenBerggrenBerggrenBerggrenBerggren
LWKostinKostinKostinKostinKostinKostinKostinKostinKostinKostin
RWRaymondDeBrincatDeBrincatDeBrincatDeBrincatDeBrincatDeBrincatDeBrincatDeBrincatDeBrincat
RWPerronRaymondRaymondRaymondRaymondRaymondRaymondRaymondRaymondRaymond
RWSprongMazurMazurMazurMazurMazurMazurMazurMazurMazur
RWFischerBerggrenDanielsonDanielsonBuchelnikovBuchelnikovBuchelnikovBuchelnikovBuchelnikovBuchelnikov

So based on our current player core and on our current prospect core, it could be like this.

2028 would be very interesting. Danielson and Kasper after some years with winger duties, will finally be legitimate centers after Copp and Compher era.

2028 projection:

Rasmussen 29y - Larkin 32y - DeBrincat 30y
Söderblom 27y - Kasper 24y - Raymond 26y
Berggren 28y - Lombardi 25y - Mazur 26y
Kostin 30y - Danielson 23y - Buchelnikov 24y

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tell me you don’t think highly of Danielson without telling me you don’t think highly of Danielson.

I don't get this?

Danielson will grow by time to 1-2 center punch with Kasper, and Larkin will start to regress.

These three will be very strong core to build around.

Like, after 12 years, when Kasper is 31y and Danielson is 30y, 38-year old Larkin will still be like Darren Helm, great defensive center, trusted captain etc.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Defence is so much harder to predict, it's 100% sure there will be some new and experienced vets around instead of our own prospects, because that's the way Yzerman operates.

But by 2028, all current vets could be gone.

RDSeiderSeiderSeiderSeiderSeiderSeiderSeiderSeiderSeiderSeider
RDPetryPetryPellikkaPellikkaPellikkaPellikkaPellikkaPellikkaPellikkaPellikka
RDHollHollHollGibsonGibsonGibsonGibsonGibsonGibsonGibson
LDWalmanWalmanWalmanEdvinssonEdvinssonEdvinssonEdvinssonEdvinssonEdvinssonEdvinsson
LDGostisbehereEdvinssonEdvinssonWallinderWallinderWallinderWallinderWallinderWallinderWallinder
LDChiarotChiarotChiarotJohanssonJohanssonJohanssonJohanssonJohanssonJohanssonJohansson
LDMäättäMäättäWallinderWalmanWalmanWalmanWalmanWalmanWalmanWalman

At 2028:

Wallinder 26y - Seider 27y
Edvinsson 25y - Sandin Pellikka 23y
Walman 32y - Gibson 23y
Johansson 27y

Last edited:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
1. You think we just spent a 9th overall pick on a player that will not advance beyond the 4th line for a decade?
2. If Buchelnikov ever becomes an NHLer it will not be on the 4th line
3. Lombardi just magically becomes a 3rd line center after half a decade in the AHL? WTF is he coming from?
4. Rasmussen is not a center
5. Kostin advances beyond the 4th line at some point or is let go.
6. Lot of other stuff is weird but those are the most egregious

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1. You think we just spent a 9th overall pick on a player that will not advance beyond the 4th line for a decade?

Stopped reading.

Can you get any better, like reading what I write?

Like projecting Danielson being 1-2 future punch with Kasper.

I'm really gonna lose my trust for this board, when people are starting to lose their f***ing minds.

Last edited:

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Stopped reading.

Can you get any better, like reading what I write?

Like projecting Danielson being 1-2 future punch with Kasper.

I'm really gonna lose my trust for this board, when people are starting to lose their f***ing minds.

the table in your OP has him still on the 4th line in 2032 though?

Reactions: SoupNazi

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
the table in your OP has him still on the 4th line in 2032 though?

Yeah, that's like having a disaster as Igor Larionov or Kris Draper as your 4th line center.

That's a f***ing contender, can't you guys get it?

Please stop freaking out. My god.

It was just to put kid vs. vets on their timelines, how the old guy contracts will fall out ant how the kids could enter in.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
CLarkinLarkinLarkinLarkinLarkinLarkinLarkinLarkinLarkinLarkin
CCoppCoppCoppCoppKasperKasperKasperKasperKasperKasper
CCompherCompherCompherCompherCompherLombardiLombardiLombardiLombardiLombardi
CRasmussenKasperKasperKasperDanielsonDanielsonDanielsonDanielsonDanielsonDanielson
LWDeBrincatRasmussenRasmussenRasmussenRasmussenRasmussenRasmussenRasmussenRasmussenRasmussen
LWFabbriSöderblomSöderblomSöderblomSöderblomSöderblomSöderblomSöderblomSöderblomSöderblom
LWBerggrenFabbriBerggrenBerggrenBerggrenBerggrenBerggrenBerggrenBerggrenBerggren
LWKostinKostinKostinKostinKostinKostinKostinKostinKostinKostin
RWRaymondDeBrincatDeBrincatDeBrincatDeBrincatDeBrincatDeBrincatDeBrincatDeBrincatDeBrincat
RWPerronRaymondRaymondRaymondRaymondRaymondRaymondRaymondRaymondRaymond
RWSprongMazurMazurMazurMazurMazurMazurMazurMazurMazur
RWFischerBerggrenDanielsonDanielsonBuchelnikovBuchelnikovBuchelnikovBuchelnikovBuchelnikovBuchelnikov

So based on our current player core and on our current prospect core, it could be like this.

2028 would be very interesting. Danielson and Kasper after some years with winger duties, will finally be legitimate centers after Copp and Compher era.

2028 projection:

Rasmussen 29y - Larkin 32y - DeBrincat 30y
Söderblom 27y - Kasper 24y - Raymond 26y
Berggren 28y - Lombardi 25y - Mazur 26y
Kostin 30y - Danielson 23y - Buchelnikov 24y
Do you currently, or have you ever, identified as BlueAdams?

Not that there's anything wrong with that

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
In the Ken Holland days, it was pretty easy to project how the roster would evolve coming seasons. Steve uses the trade tool and is not shy to cut ties with players not performing. Wouldn’t be surprised to see more hockey trades in the upcoming seasons now when the rebuild seem to be entering a new phase. We have more prospects than roster spots, so some of them likely will get traded

Reactions: Henkka

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It doesn’t make sense to pencil Lombardi in as center imo. It could happen but it’s not the most realistic path.

Veleno should also be in there somewhere.

By 2028 I would very much hope Raymond is top line, probably one of Kasper/Mazur/Danielson too.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
This is really an interesting thread-starter and probably took a lot of thought and work.

You guys kvetching about details, maybe provide an alternative, like this, with all of these combinations worked out for each season. I bet it's impossible to put something completely plausible together, because at least a few guys here will be traded at the deadline before the last year of their contract. Another one won't pan out. Another one will end up on long-term injured reserve.

Personally I'm hoping one of the young centers take over at 2C way before 2027. I don't want to be watching Copp on the second line for 4 more seasons. So maybe I'd flip Copp and Kasper in 2024 -- Copp would be an expensive 4C but a damned good one and the cap is going up, so maybe that would make sense.

Did you do this with the "insert table" tool in the header of this reply box? I might try it but I'd mostly be cribbing from you, Hennka.

Reactions: lilidk and Henkka

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It was copy-paste from excel.

Didn't think at all of those possible scenarios of Copp or Compher moving to wing if some young center is ready. But at same time it's either one, the kid or the vet on the wing. Still same amount of roster spots.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It's just impossible to project what will happen, some will be traded, some quit, some improve and some disappoint .

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Excellent post, I don't expect anything but minor deviations from this projection. Thank you for taking the time to bring this forum up with such a high quality write-up. I am now more informed on the future of the Red Wings and I'm grateful.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I am not very high on Wallinder , because I don't believe he's good defensively and not very high on Danielson because I don't believe he has stamina to play center. Danielson probably should be top 6 wing , I think the best for him is to play on the same line with Kasper

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I am not very high on Wallinder , because I don't believe he's good defensively and not very high on Danielson because I don't believe he has stamina to play center. Danielson probably should be top 6 wing , I think the best for him is to play on the same line with Kasper
I’m not saying Danielson will definitely stick at center, but of the reasons I’ve heard for why won’t I’ve never seen anyone cite “stamina.” What makes you say that?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I’m not saying Danielson will definitely stick at center, but of the reasons I’ve heard for why won’t I’ve never seen anyone cite “stamina.” What makes you say that?

Certainly not anything measurable. Danielson is a hell of an athlete.

At 6 foot 2 and 185 pounds already, he also has pretty good size and strength for a prospect his age. That's mostly muscle, too -- his 8.19% body fat is the 19th-lowest of the 100-plus players who attended the combine.

Danielson impressed many of the other fitness testing measures at the combine. The NHL makes public the top-25 players in each category, and Danielson stood out in a few categories. His vertical jump was the sixth-best among participating prospects, exploding for a 22.05 inch vertical. His squat jump was fourth-best, at 18.3 inches. His no-arm jump (standing up straight to start with hands on hips) was the ninth-best at 19.24 inches. His standing long-jump forward was the 10th-best at 111.5 inches.

Part of the musculoskeletal portion of the fitness testing involves a player bench pressing 50% of their body weight and pressing the bar up as fast as possible, and Danielson had the 10th-best velocity. He tied for the sixth-best number of consecutive pull-ups at 13, two shy of the record for this draft class.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Only saw one game, so could be wrong. I saw big guy who is excellent skater with good hands, but not dominant , not always working. I don't know he looks like slightly better version of Hanas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad