Prodigy’s HFBoards 2020 NHL Draft Project - Live-Look Thread (currently at pick #12*RESUMING SOON*)

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Link to current pick thread: Prodigy's HFBoards 2020 NHL Draft - Pick #12**DO NOT VOTE IN THE POLL IF YOU ARE NOT A FAN OF THAT TEAM**

Hey all!

Im going board to board to complete an authentic 31-pick HFBoard's version of the 2020 NHL Draft. Dont know if this is done already but Ive got too much time on my hands. Instead of simply going to the poll sections this allows each fan base to think about and vote for their choice based on whats left (not that everyone hasnt speculated that for months now lol) and I will post the results on the main board as they come in to build the project pick by pick. Completion would be after the Cup is awarded and we know the full official draft order

The list of options is based on Bob McKenzie's June 2020 Draft rankings with the highest twenty or so options available and one left for 'Other'. Once a team picks that player they are unavailable as to simulate a real draft. There is no option to trade picks or players - this is just a simple mock draft. About two days for each pick if necessary.

It will be interesting to see how HFBoard's voted order matches up with the real one!

Florida is on the clock!

2020 NHL Draft - HFBoard's Mock

#1 - New York Rangers - Alexis Lafreniere - LW 6'1" 193
#2 - Los Angeles Kings - Quinton Byfield - C 6'4" 214
#3 - Ottawa Senators - Tim Stuetzle - C 5'11" 187
#4 - Detroit Red Wings - Cole Perfetti - LW 5'10" 185
#5 - Ottawa Senators - Lucas Raymond - RW 5’10” 183
#6 - Anaheim Ducks - Marco Rossi - C 5'9" 179
#7 - New Jersey Devils - Jamie Drysdale - D 5'11" 170
#8 - Buffalo Sabres - Anton Lundell - C 6'1" 187
#9 - Minnesota Wild - Alexander Holtz - RW 6'0" 183
#10 - Winnipeg Jets - Jake Sanderson - D 6'1" 187
#11 - Nashville Predators - Jack Quinn - RW 5'11" 176
#12 - Florida Panthers -
#13 - Carolina Hurricanes -
#14 - Edmonton Oilers -
#15 - Pittsburgh Penguins -

Last Updated: August 19th - TOTAL VOTE COUNT SO FAR IS 600!

Last edited:

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
I WILL UPDATE THIS THREAD WITH EACH PICK AS THEY COME IN - AS WELL AS ANNOUNCE EACH PICK WITH ITS OWN POST.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleben

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
Ottawa takes Lucas Raymond off the board

This making the top-5 entirely forwards - when do you think the first defenseman goes off the board - Anaheim, New Jersey, or Buffalo?

Anaheim is on the clock!

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
Just moved to the prospect thread - what are your thoughts on the top-5 ?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No one on here wants to take a D man. I seriously doubt Drys gets past 6 though.

Rossi is currently beating Drysdale 16-4 in Anaheim's poll. I don't know what NJ and Buffalo fans are going to do, but if Drysdale isn't taken by one of those fanbases, he probably won't make it past Minnesota's now that Rossi is gone.

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
No one on here wants to take a D man. I seriously doubt Drys gets past 6 though.
To be fair - Anaheim has had scoring issues for quite some time and Ottawa has a plethora of good defensive prospects with Chabot already an all-star.

I dont think its that crazy that Drysdale passes the top-6

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
Rossi is currently beating Drysdale 16-4 in Anaheim's poll. I don't know what NJ and Buffalo fans are going to do, but if Drysdale isn't taken by one of those fanbases, he probably won't make it past Minnesota's now that Rossi is gone.
Devils fans likely vote for Drysdale by a long shot

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
No way BUF takes a RD.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Smart fans over there in Duck land

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
With the sixth overall pick, Anaheim selects Marco Rossi of the Ottawa 67's!

Pick #7 up for NJ and the two big defenseman still on the board - do they take one?

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
New Jersey snags a falling Jamie Drysdale at 7 and we move on to Buffalo

Will the Sabres go for Sanderson or perhaps a winger in Holtz or Quinn? Maybe someone else?

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
Buffalo makes the first jump on the board and takes Anton Lundell at #8, hopefully solidifying their center position long-term!

Minnesota up at pick 9 with Jake Sanderson and Alexander Holtz still on the board

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
I’m guessing nobody is going to catch up and you can probably pretty safely take Holtz
I may do that in 4-5 hours honestly - I dont like rushing votes because you never know but im thinking these mid round picks will take two days almost each to get honest results

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

I could see it happen, but its entirely dependent on Anaheim. I don't think that a defender goes in the top 5 (I suppose that Ottawa could take Sanderson, but I don't view that as likely over a guy like Raymond), so that really just leave Anaheim, and I would kind of understand if they elected to go get a trigger man for Zegras in Holtz.

Reactions: Swiss Prodigy

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Sanderson falling to #10 for Winnipeg is an absolute gift. I think it's a bit unlikely that that many teams pass on him. He's got a lot more upside than people here tend to give him credit for. I think he looks like he could become a very complete top pair D-man.

Reactions: Fenris

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad