Problems reaching this site in Chrome

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
I have a problem reaching the site in Chrome. I get the message...

Bad Request​

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

I can clear the issue by clearing cookies and cache file but frankly speaking that's a pain because I have to input passwords on every site again. I have no problems getting here in Firefox. Is this an issue with my computer or is there an issue with the site? Does anyone else have this issue?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Bad Request​

I can clear the issue by clearing cookies and cache file but frankly speaking that's a pain because I have to input passwords on every site again. I have no problems getting here in Firefox. Is this an issue with my computer or is there an issue with the site? Does anyone else have this issue?

I also use Chrome (mobile and desktop) and have no issues, it's definitely something on your end.

You could try reaching out via the contact form if you think it's an issue with the site and someone will get back to you. Contact us

Reactions: Duanesutter12

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

Bad Request​

the problem is that you have the #12 in your username.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

Bad Request​

I am experiencing EXACTLY the same thing.

Glad it wasn't just me.

Well, not glad, but this is informative. Then it's definitely a Google Chrome thing and not just my computer.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I am experiencing EXACTLY the same thing.

Glad it wasn't just me.

Well, not glad, but this is informative. Then it's definitely a Google Chrome thing and not just my computer.
all kidding aside -- have chrome on my laptop for work and its 100%

Chrome on my Iphone on this site is a completely different answer. No "errors", but an awful user experience.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
And now my laptop with chrome gets bad request. Browser update or something?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Anyone else have a random link pop up in the text they are typing up in a post?

I type something up, go to edit it, but when I click on a part of my text it takes me to a different website (sometimes of the company being advertised in the banner above/below).

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Anyone else have a random link pop up in the text they are typing up in a post?

I type something up, go to edit it, but when I click on a part of my text it takes me to a different website (sometimes of the company being advertised in the banner above/below).

That's a virus/addon issue for your pc typically.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Anyone having issues can check this forum and ask for help as well:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
That's a virus/addon issue for your pc typically.

I hear you, but I visit, and have visited, 1,000's of sites and in all my years HFboards is the first time that ever happened. Odds are there's something specific in the coding of the site at minimum.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
It's definitely clear that several people are getting the same message.

I STILL am on Google Chrome. Can't get past it.

And like @Duanesutter12, it all started once I was in a foreign country.

But like @periferal, it's never happened to me before although having often been in this foreign country.

Reactions: periferal

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
It's definitely clear that several people are getting the same message.

I STILL am on Google Chrome. Can't get past it.

And like @Duanesutter12, it all started once I was in a foreign country.

But like @periferal, it's never happened to me before although having often been in this foreign country.
Correct! I live in Hong Kong- went to the states for two week and had no problem- then went to Europe and the problem started. I have no issue in Firefox so I really think the issue is the web site and not my PC.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Rangers fan coming in peace...

The bad request is usually because the site has added too much info to your cookies. This stuff can accumulate. At some point the headers in the request (cookies are sent as headers) become too large and your requests start getting rejected.

You can test this by attempting to open the site in incognito mode. (Ctrl-shift-p in chrome).

If incognito mode works, this is the issue.

To fix the issue, clear your cookies for this site and then relog in. You should be good to go after that.

This isn't a problem specific to this site.

BostonOz

Sep 22, 2013
Rangers fan coming in peace...

The bad request is usually because the site has added too much info to your cookies. This stuff can accumulate. At some point the headers in the request (cookies are sent as headers) become too large and your requests start getting rejected.

You can test this by attempting to open the site in incognito mode. (Ctrl-shift-p in chrome).

If incognito mode works, this is the issue.

To fix the issue, clear your cookies for this site and then relog in. You should be good to go after that.

This isn't a problem specific to this site.
This fixed my issue. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Reactions: Profet

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I don't have a problem accessing the site. Just every time I try to click on a forum heading it brings me to some bartending ad. It's almost unusable at this point with the way the ads interfere with clicking on both mobile and PC.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
For the first 40-50 minutes, everything works great. Then things start to really slow down; and from the 50 minute to an hour mark, there's lots of errors. To top it all off, once I make it past the hour mark, it typically crashes. Two nights later, the same scenario repeats itself.

But my browser is just fine.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
For the first 40-50 minutes, everything works great. Then things start to really slow down; and from the 50 minute to an hour mark, there's lots of errors. To top it all off, once I make it past the hour mark, it typically crashes. Two nights later, the same scenario repeats itself.
It's telling you to go outside and touch grass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad