OT: Problem with some ads on mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nynja*

I tried searching for a forum feedback sub-section, and I couldnt find any. I know the habs mods arent responsible for the site, but maybe they'd know where to direct this.

Some of the adds black out the screen and put the ad dead center, like so:
2rprxtz.jpg

The only problem is that X to close it doesnt work, and you cant click behind the black screen, so you're stuck refreshing over and over until you get an ad that doesnt do that.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Oh my god I know. Using HF on mobile is nearly impossible now. Very frustrating. These type of ads have to go because usability is taking a big hit because of them.

Wait, are we supposed to see pop up type ads? I haven't ever.

They only show up when browsing HFboards on a mobile device. They do not pop up on regular PC browsers.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Oh my god I know. Using HF on mobile is nearly impossible now. Very frustrating. These type of ads have to go because usability is taking a big hit because of them.

They only show up when browsing HFboards on a mobile device. They do not pop up on regular PC browsers.

What do you think I'm on now? My iPhone. :) still has never happened.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
What do you think I'm on now? My iPhone. :) still has never happened.

Just started happening on my iPhone in the last week, not getting so much the pop up ads as the ad on the side bar is so big now that it compresses the thread column width so you only get a couple of words on each line and have to scroll multiple pages just to read a single post, pretty much stopped using the mobile until it gets fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad