NFL: Pro Football Hall Of Fame Class of 2016

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Would have rather seen Flores in over Stabler honestly. How many two time Super Bowl winning coaches aren't in? And putting Dungy in over him is a sick joke.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Flores is a 4 time SB champ. Impressive in its own right.

In fairness he threw 6 passes in his SB season with the Chiefs, but yeah he doesn't get enough credit.

He won two Super Bowls with Jim Plunkett off the scrap heap and an increasingly erratic Al Davis in charge.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Finally. You'd think a guy who won 5 Super Bowls as an owner and had the most successful tenure as one ever would have been in a long time ago.

TD and Atwater continue to get ****ed.

**** the HOF.

Thing with TD is he literally only had 4 good years, yes they were some of the best 4 seasons any player has ever had and he won MVP but voters are going to hold that against him forever.

I saw it somewhere else and thought it was accurate:

If stabler is a HOF now then he should have been a HOF in the billion years he was eligible before he passed. It doesn't even matter what opinion you have on Stabler either- it looks stupid either way. Either he should have been voted in while he was still alive in the billion years he was eligible or he shouldn't have been put in the Hall just because he died recently.

Much like Pat Burns.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The career for Terrell Davis was far too short. Plus, you can't neglect the Shanahan factor of turning multiple mediocre guys into 1000+ yard rushers.

Meanwhile, Marvin Harrison and Dungy before either Jimmy Johnson or TO?

28465-Jerry-Seinfeld-leaves-gif-yxqm.gif

I mean, Dungy is a HOF and deserves to be there. But c'mon...

Also, Tim Brown's look was priceless when Harrison didn't even bother to show up. That summed up Marvin getting the nod :laugh:

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I saw it somewhere else and thought it was accurate:

If stabler is a HOF now then he should have been a HOF in the billion years he was eligible before he passed. It doesn't even matter what opinion you have on Stabler either- it looks stupid either way. Either he should have been voted in while he was still alive in the billion years he was eligible or he shouldn't have been put in the Hall just because he died recently.

I think all sports hall of fame have a dead person's nomination though.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I knew TO wasn't going to be a first ballot HOF because he pissed off so many sports writers, told off the media, didn't give them "the goods"...

Whatever, it's a shame he didn't get in this year...hopefully next year is different

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I knew TO wasn't going to be a first ballot HOF because he pissed off so many sports writers, told off the media, didn't give them "the goods"...

Whatever, it's a shame he didn't get in this year...hopefully next year is different

very foolish for him not to get in the first time around IMO, I don't really see the argument they could make for it even with him pissing off a bunch of media

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
In an era of great LTs (Ogdon, Jones etc.), I would argue that Orlando Pace was the best. There simply is no GSOT without him.

Seriously the number of times the Rams are lining up 5 wide with those long developing Mike Martz routes....just crazy. Probably under more pressure than any LT ever. Really glad to see him go in.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Why didn't he show up? Is he already in jail?

Probably didnt think he'd get in, or is just an arse. :yo:

As for Dungy, he's lucky he was able to ride Manning (and to an extent the Tampa D's) coattails to a post season record of 9-10 and regular season record of 139-69.

Guys like Chuck Knox (186-147, 7-11) Dan Reeves (190–165–2, 11-9), Bill Cowher (149–90–1, 12-9) and heck even tho his playoff record sucks, Marty Schottenheimer (200–126–1, 5-13) should be in well before him. Not to mention the recently "retired" guys like Holmgren.

But I guess all they really care about is trophies, even then Cowher has one & Reeves has some (but not as a HC).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dungy getting in early because he's somehow the moral compass of the NFL.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Dungy? Really. Guess the door is open for every coach of a consistently good team with one title. Canton really needs a bust of Cowher's chin...

Thrilled that Greene finally made it, great timing with the Rams coming back to LA, too. He was right behind Greg Lloyd for being my favorite player as a kid.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dungy? Really. Guess the door is open for every coach of a consistently good team with one title. Canton really needs a bust of Cowher's chin...

Thrilled that Greene finally made it, great timing with the Rams coming back to LA, too. He was right behind Greg Lloyd for being my favorite player as a kid.

I find that tends to happen when a certain team is at the top of the news cycle. Rickey Jackson magically became a Hall of Famer after the Saints made it to the Super Bowl when he waited 10 years and barely got a sniff.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I find that tends to happen when a certain team is at the top of the news cycle. Rickey Jackson magically became a Hall of Famer after the Saints made it to the Super Bowl when he waited 10 years and barely got a sniff.
Work real well for the Broncos nominees.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
In an era of great LTs (Ogdon, Jones etc.), I would argue that Orlando Pace was the best. There simply is no GSOT without him.

Seriously the number of times the Rams are lining up 5 wide with those long developing Mike Martz routes....just crazy. Probably under more pressure than any LT ever. Really glad to see him go in.

Pace went as the first overall pick in 1997, is he the only number one pick as a tackle to make the HOF? Munoz was pick number 3 in 1980.

Pace was the anchor of that Rams offensive line, blocked for Warner and allowed Faulk to run wild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad