NFL: Pro Football Hall Of Fame Class of 2016

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Flores not making it is flat out garbage, seems like the sports writers have it in for Raiders players to a degree.

It took Madden, Stabler, Casper, Tim Brown and Ray Guy years to make it...

Also, why the **** isn't Cliff Branch not in the hall of fame? If Casper and Bilitenkoff are in...what's taking Branch so damn long?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Pace went as the first overall pick in 1997, is he the only number one pick as a tackle to make the HOF? Munoz was pick number 3 in 1980.

Pace was the anchor of that Rams offensive line, blocked for Warner and allowed Faulk to run wild.

Pace was picked by Rams as the first offensive lineman since Ron Yary in 1968 to be drafted first overall.

Not many OL's get picked #1. Long (2008) and Eric Fisher (2013) are the only ones since him, but teams usually go QB or defence (specifically defensive end) when picking #1.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
very foolish for him not to get in the first time around IMO, I don't really see the argument they could make for it even with him pissing off a bunch of media

It's the WR waiting list. It's dumb but it's what the hall does.

TO had to wait for Harrison who had to wait for Tim Brown who had to wait for Andre Reed who had to wait for Cris Carter.

It's dumb. Isaac Bruce is in there somewhere too.

They wasted so many years debating Carter vs. Reed vs. Brown electing none of them when they could have elected all 3 or even just 2 at once. Then there was the year those 3 got ignored altogether just cause Jerry Rice was eligible. Don't know what the big deal was to elect Rice and another WR the same year.

Elvis P

Chips from the chocolate fireball
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Stabler actually has better numbers than Namath and led some pretty good teams too. I know I'm in minority here but I felt he should have been inducted a while ago and am disappointed it took him dying to secure his induction.
Agreed. I also like Harrison before TO. Obviously individuals should be judged on their merit alone, but the Christian, conservative (in terms of religion, not politics) soft spoken Dungy is a very non-controversial, non-threatening, and pro-Establishment figure so I'm not surprised he got in, although I don't think he deserved it.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Heard today that they have this "list" of players they choose from. Its like of 16...then a top 10 and a top 5. For guys like a TO I guess. He didn't even crack the top 10 of it. He may have been an amazing talent but his character hurts him and he will have to wait. Its the football hall of fame not NFL players. Part of what comes with that is being an ambassador. They don't want to just reward guys like that or condone what Newton did. Newton gave a great teaching moment to the brothers last night. Act a fool and it will cost you. T9 will get in because he was good enough but they will penalize him for his actions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad