Prime Zetterberg vs. Toews vs. Bergeron vs. Kopitar

Which of these two way centers was the best player in their prime?

• Kopitar

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Bergeron

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Toews

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Zetterberg

Votes: 26 70.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
Z.

I want to say:

Z
Kopi
Bergeron
Toews

But I guess a popular opinion is to be preferring Bergeron to Kopitar...

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Zetterberg is the only one of those that I do believe had a, albeit a weak one, case for the Hart.

Zetterberg

Kopitar
Toews
Bergeron

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
At their best I'd say:

Zetterberg

Toews
Kopitar
Bergeron

But if I'm taking one for their entire prime, I think it might be Kopitar. Healthiest and I think he was probably better than Zetterberg in other seasons after Zetterberg's best couple seasons

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Zetterberg had the best Conn Smythe to me. Toews had two more points but Zetterbergs two way play was something I dont think Toews did on his. From 05/06-07/08 Zetterberg averaged 82 points and 38 goals in 72 games. Thats an average of 93 points for every 82 games with 43 goals. In those three seasons I won't say he was the best defensively but he was at the very least comparable to all these guys if not better than some and I would say his shut down of Crosby in the playoffs was a defesnive display none of these other guys have shown. Couple that with the most impressive Conn Smythe of the bunch and I think Zetterberg is a safe bet. Zetterberg also has the highest point per game average in the playoffs of the group, while the younger guys havent really had to play at an older age that will make their numbers come down

If you combine the other 3 players all together, they have a total of 2 seasons where they were point per game players. Thats counting the lockout season for Toews and Kopitar this year who likely wont finish over point per game. Zetterberg has 3 times that by himself with 6.

This poll shouldnt be close

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
At their best I'd say:

Zetterberg

Toews
Kopitar
Bergeron

But if I'm taking one for their entire prime, I think it might be Kopitar. Healthiest and I think he was probably better than Zetterberg in other seasons after Zetterberg's best couple seasons

Yeah I was thinking all of this as well. I'm inclined to go with Zetterberg but Kopitar should be elite for several more seasons IMO on top of what he's done already by the looks of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad