• Brayden P

Votes: 45 46.9%

• Total voters

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
And?
If this notion of he was the “best player” on that cup run you’d think he would gotten at least a single vote.

Even the fan vote before it was awarded was overwhelmingly O’Reilly

Writers tend to look for narratives and very much underestimate defensive play. It's the same reason why Eichel didn't win the Smythe this past year, Marchessault had a better story around him.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I don't get whats funny about that?

Pietrangelo was a top 10 d-men for like 5-6 years in his prime

Point is elite but he relies more on another elite player than Pietrangelo did

Point is a elite 1C, just Pietrangelo would instantly have fixed the leafs d-core (letting rielly be an elite 2) and edmontons as well (Ekholm as 2)

Meanwhile, prime Carey Price montreal teams would have benefitted much more from a Point. The Nashville Predators in their best years too - they've been desperate for a legit 1C for so long.

Nothing wrong with picking Pietrangelo, but it's a little weird to say Pietrangelo > Point based on one team needs during a specific period of time.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Very weird Poll. Whats the connection? I'd take Point though.
Does there need to be a connection? It’s just which player in their prime would you take? It’s a tough choice too. #1 D or 1C both have two cups.

I’d probably take Point

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Hmmm...this is actually an interesting question. Normally i'd just take the #1C over the #1D. But this case is almost pressing the case for me. I went Pietrangelo, at his peak he was just such a dominant, ice tilting presence. But ask me again in an hour and i might vote Point. It's really close for me. Especially since Point is somewhat inextricably linked to Kucherov in a lot of ways...which, as good as Point obviously is, muddies the waters just a little bit.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Pietrangelo

Best player on the Blues for their Cup

Point was 3rd best after Kuch and Hedman/Vas in the two cups

They also had a finals run where he barely played 5 pts in 9 games

Petro wasnt the best player on the Blues in the playoffs. ROR, Binnington and arguably Parayko and JBo. Parayko and JBo were matched up against top lines and shut them down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad