Prime: Erik Karlsson vs. Drew Doughty

Who was/is the better player in their prime?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I really hate to think what Karlsson could have been if Matt Cooke didn't injure him badly

He still was great in his prime but what he was showing before that injury was another level.

Yeah for body of work my vote is against yours, but I totally agree that Karlsson was showing another level that would have made this poll not even close.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
When was the last time a pure offensive defensemen has lead his team to a cup? I can name tons of 2-way defensemen who have in the past 12 years...Hedman x2, Keith x3, Doughty x2, Pietrangelo x1, and Chara x1.
If you put the those guys on the Sens teams EK was on they also wouldn’t have won any cups though.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
You can count on 1 hand the number of dmen who had the on ice impact Karlsson had in his peak. Other than Pronger and Orr, off the top of my head, i can't think of a dman that dragged a team kicking and screaming to a cup final like Karlsson did.

Doughty was a stud, love his game and would kill to have him even now in Edmonton, but this is EK.

upload_2021-9-10_15-38-36.jpeg

(Also.... Bourque carried the Bruins to the finals twice in a 3 year span, losing to the dynasty Oilers).

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Doughty for me.

Good offense - great defense = Doughty
Great offense - poor defense = Karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad