Price of Sticks is Getting Ridiculous

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
I bought a good old-fashioned wooden stick last winter for $9. Sticks are not expensive unless you are caught up in the hype and must have the latest, greatest top of the line stick.

I play fine with one of the cheapest sticks on the rack. It is a poor player that needs the crutch of an expensive stick, IMO.

I still play with a Sher-wood 5030 (Coffey Curve) and it's great, but I only use it because I just don't have the skill to justify paying for a $200 stick. Some of my friends do and that's cool. It's like using an expensive driver in golf, sure they'd play fine with lower end equipment but in a competetive setting you need any advantage you can get. I've also got a friend who's got absolutely no shot, but plays with a $250 Warrior stick so it goes both ways.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Not sure where the OP is coming from. I've been playing hockey since I was 6 and I remember when Easton released the Synergy lineup, then the Grip and Si-Core. Those sticks weren't cheap either.

I think I was 10 when I convinced my dad to let me buy a Synergy Grip when it first came out in 2001 or 2002, I'm not sure the exact date.. the bad boy set me back $250.

I also remember the Bauer Vapor XX advertisements in The Hockey News and online, I was going to get one but I believe it was more than the Synergy Grip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad