Pretty unknown college guys...

germatt

Jun 17, 2006
with a decent season so far.

you think one of them has ever a chance to play NHL?

carter camper
broc little
matt frattin
paul zanette
drew shore
dennis urban

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
with a decent season so far.

you think one of them has ever a chance to play NHL?

carter camper
broc little
matt frattin
paul zanette
drew shore
dennis urban

A student of mine at Niagara. Kid is a hard worker on and off the ice, and has great leadership characteristics. Had a cycle hat trick a month or so ago (think that is what it is called, don't see them too often: SHG,PPG, ESG). Plays in key situations, PP, SH, works hard along the boards, handles the puck well, etc.

Hope he lands with an NHL team.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
TJ Tynan is having a pretty darn impressive freshman season for Notre Dame. Went undrafted this past summer (he's a smaller guy) but he's super skilled.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
about matt frattin,some fighting sioux fan once posted on leafs board saying something like he'll most likely be in the nhl, because he has grit(gotten suspended one time because of that) and i think he said he was good defensively too. doesn't hurt that he has 17 goals in 20 games though.has a really good shot, but like tambellini(well until this year) you never know if he can use it in the big leagues. could see him being anything from a 1st liner to a 3rd liner honestly, he's hard to pin down, and until this season no leafs fan really thought of him, i think he's not even in our top 20:amazed:. him and drew shore are the only ones i've heard of on that list, and they both will probably make it to the nhl.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I've been wondering about Carter Camper for a while. He always puts up good numbers on a good Miami team.

Cam Atkinson is a relatively unknown player but he's 3rd in goal scoring.

sfo

Oct 13, 2008
about matt frattin,some fighting sioux fan once posted on leafs board saying something like he'll most likely be in the nhl, because he has grit(gotten suspended one time because of that) and i think he said he was good defensively too. doesn't hurt that he has 17 goals in 20 games though.has a really good shot, but like tambellini(well until this year) you never know if he can use it in the big leagues. could see him being anything from a 1st liner to a 3rd liner honestly, he's hard to pin down, and until this season no leafs fan really thought of him, i think he's not even in our top 20:amazed:. him and drew shore are the only ones i've heard of on that list, and they both will probably make it to the nhl.

Matt Frattin will most likely play in the NHL because he has all the tools to do so. He's got size, he's strong, he's got speed, he's gritty, and that excellent shot. He's also a big character guy. I've watched this kid play for the last four years. The reason why none of the leafs fans had ever really heard of him is because IMO, he plays in the NCAA and I think Leafs fans follow their prospects in the Canadian juniors more closely, which makes sense based on location. Frattin had some off ice issues that got him suspended for half a season with no guarantee of coming back and once those got cleaned up he came back to school instead of signing a contract a completely different guy, and an even better hockey player. I mean, his career high in points prior to this year was 25. It's the halfway point now and he has that many. I think that kind of tells you the strides he's made. He should be in the Leafs top 20. He's that good.

Carter Camper I've seen play a few times. I can't go as in depth about him because I've only seen him a few times. Always a threat with the puck, most definitely. To be straight about it... good college player... but the size might hold him back from the NHL. He's I believe about 5-9.

Drew Shore's always been a good player too. I think we're just seeing his stats pop out at us this year because last year on an experienced Denver team, he wasn't needed really to score and his year he was asked to step up an he has. He's definitely not an unknown. He played on the U-18s and is on the World Junior team. For those that follow USA hockey pretty closely, you know who he is.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Denis Urban sounds like Czech name. Is he really Czech origin?

Urban doesn´t necessarily mean Czech. It´s also pretty common in Slovakia, there are almost 3000 people with that surname here (+over another 3000 women with the female version Urbanová) and it can also be found in Poland, Hungary and Germany. In my pretty short life I have come across around at least a dozen of people with that surname, all of them unrelated.

Btw, I often come across US hockey players names were I´m pretty sure they were Czech/Slovak or other Slavic somewhere in history, I mean otonly with the obvios cases like the Stastnys or Wolski, but also for example a guy like Travis Zajac.

After all if we counted only all US citizens with either Czech/Slovak/Czechoslovak/Polish ancestry it would account for a pretty big part of the population.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad