Speculation: President's Trophy Race

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
With Pens loss tonight, they sit at 70 with 2 games to go. Hawks have 73 with 3 games to go.

Hawks just need 1 victory to clinch President's Trophy.

The pressure is on. Can they do it?

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
At a glance, it appears President's trophy winners seem to have a better track record than cup winners the next few seasons following the award. The last team that I remember winning the Pres cup and missing the playoffs the following year was the 92' Rangers.

I'll take the President's trophy. I think it's underrated. It means the organization is doing most of the big things much better than most the majority of the time. No matter what happens, I'm happy if they get it. Nice going into an offseason with nobody to chase in the standings for a change. Hopefully they have a good playoff run to match the award.

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
Almost Hope they only get a point tomorrow so they can clinch the President's Cup on Friday when I'll be attending.........

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
There is no such thing as President's Cup. There is only one Cup in Hockey that matters.

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
There is no such thing as President's Cup. There is only one Cup in Hockey that matters.

Except the President's Cup has more meaning in a way. Best team of 82 or 48 games is more statistically significant than the best team over 20-25 games.

nbozich22

Aug 28, 2010
Chicago
well hopefully they win president trophy so this wasn't a complete waste of time..
UqlOJnm.jpg

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
hossa looks terrifying

He looks like he's about to cheerfully murder you.

Mostly it's just cause the picture of Kane reminds me of the baby sun from teletubbies and idk, it's just creeping me out. Wish I could photoshop though.

tumblr_lyn7rp9LkQ1qf9hm6o1_500.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad