Speculation: President?

7 11 14

Jan 18, 2014
Buffalo, NY
DRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURY

I personally think he'd make a better president than a GM.

Actually just ranted about it in the Management and Coaching thread.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Why on earth do people want "I'd rather be in NYC" Chris Drury?

Peca and McKee are far ahead of him of "former players who deserve positions"

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas

On the other hand, why does where he wanted to play 10 years ago have any effect on his qualifications for a front office job now? "Deserving"? Give me a break, nobody "deserves" a job.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Honest question, what happened to Craig Patrick? Pegula brought him in as a consultant and I thought he would be team president but then he faded away"

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Im going to throw out names and you can talk on them or tell me to **** off... or move certain names to the GM or coach thread to discuss:

David McNab ... SVP hockey ops ANH
Brett Hull... executive VP STL
Martin Brodeur... AGM, STL
Brisebois Verbeek Kurvers all with TB under Yzerman
Mike Vellucci, AGM/director hockey ops CAR... was w Plymouth Whalers for long time
Al MacIsaac, SVP hockey ops CHI

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I actually would not mind Lindy as the president of hockey OPs... as long as he was strictly there for that role and a quality coach and GM were in place.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
What exactly is it that a President does which is different than the normal responsibility of a GM? I honestly am curious because I'm not a fan of the "too many cooks in the kitchen" scenario but I also notice that this seems like a pretty standard position for most clubs.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
What exactly is it that a President does which is different than the normal responsibility of a GM? I honestly am curious because I'm not a fan of the "too many cooks in the kitchen" scenario but I also notice that this seems like a pretty standard position for most clubs.

Hiring the GM, for one thing. Acting as a layer between ownership and the GM, which is something this organization probably needs.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
DRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURY

I personally think he'd make a better president than a GM.

Actually just ranted about it in the Management and Coaching thread.

To me, Drury comes off as a very private person. I mean just look at how many interviews he does, if any.

I don't think Drury hates Buffalo. I do think he hated the ownership group at the time for the drama they made up before he left.

But really, I just think Drury is so private, he'd rather stay in a support role in a big city org like the NY Rangers, than be put in the spotlight in a smaller town like Buffalo.

Pierre Maguire.

Go.

"you better be preforming on the ice or the Prez Mcguire will come down to the lockerroom and ask you how you're doing."

:scared:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Last edited:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad