GDT: Preseason: Wild @ Blues 2nd of October 2014, 7PM Central, 3AM Suomi

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Blues radio guys are getting annoyed with Rechlicz.

97234-james-franco-so-good-gif-Imgur-OcR3.gif

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
No there not they don't have many people in the lineup that don't even know where the offensive zone is. For some reason the guys that know where it is aren't playing very much
I'm not just talking about tonight though regarding fear. There's a reason the Wild were hi-fiving when the Wild drew the Avs and not the Blues last spring.

Tonight was an ugly game and tempers will be flaring Saturday. It's preseason. Might as well just play the kids again.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
frustrating just listening...sounds like Blues are getting away with stuff (like the Backes slash to coyle's leg) and Reaves shoving guys into the goalie etc.
Exactly. One reason why I think the kids should be thrown in on Saturday. I'll be livid if someone gets hurt from this crap in a preseason game. The Wild are not innocent either. Sounds to me like the refs are once again losing control of the games.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I'm not just talking about tonight though regarding fear. There's a reason the Wild were hi-fiving when the Wild drew the Avs and not the Blues last spring.

Tonight was an ugly game and tempers will be flaring Saturday. It's preseason. Might as well just play the kids again.

Blues is just better than Colorado and Hawks is better team than Blues. They would be hi-fiving if they got blues instead of hawks.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
BREAKING NEWS:

The Minnesota Wild have signed free agents Matt Kassian, Aaron Boogaard, Jon Mirasty, Mike Rupp, Todd Bertuzzi, Jordin Tootoo, Aaron Asham, George Parros and Zenon Konopka and also claimed Zack Stortini off waivers.

All players expected to suit up for the Wild's final preseason game against St. Louis.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
BREAKING NEWS:

The Minnesota Wild have signed free agents Matt Kassian, Aaron Boogaard, Jon Mirasty, Mike Rupp, Todd Bertuzzi, Jordin Tootoo, Aaron Asham, George Parros and Zenon Konopka and also claimed Zack Stortini off waivers.

All players expected to suit up for the Wild's final preseason game against St. Louis.

Sounds like a game where the wild lose 100-0

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND

This Blues team is the new old Vancouver as far as I'm concerned. It's one thing to play a hard hitting physical style, it's another to take swings at players legs etc.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Blues is just better than Colorado and Hawks is better team than Blues. They would be hi-fiving if they got blues instead of hawks.
Disagree. They were better matched with the Hawks. Blues beat you down....Hawks you can skate with. We nearly had them by the tail feathers last spring.

And "Wrecker" sure isn't a solution for the Blues either. Seemed more like a distraction that kept the penalty box warm all night.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
BREAKING NEWS:

Sounds like a page out of Risebrough's playbook after losing to the Ducks in 2007. Awwww....the memories......

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
BREAKING NEWS:

Fletcher while making the signings:
Tom+Cruise+7.gif

ewoksonhoth

Lolorado
Jul 4, 2012
One Great City!
BREAKING NEWS:

I would pay money to watch some preseason screw the division rival type of goonery.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
IMO, you stop the crap by winning games playing your way. If they can't intimidate and win, they won't do it.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Blues are really trying to goon **** up with the B squad tonight. This should be dealt with in Minnesota on Saturday IMO.

If you want to stop this garbage dress the AHL guys and take runs at the top line all night.

I don't usually advocate total goonery, but....

BREAKING NEWS:

Change those contracts to professional tryouts and omit Bertuzzi and you've got a deal.

I wouldn't spit on that guy if he was on fire, let alone give him any kind of contract.

I would definitely not play anyone of any value against those jerks on Saturday. What a classless goon organization. Whoever said they're the new Canucks nailed it right on the ****ing head.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i blame the refs for letting the blues cheapshot everybody. in todays nhl that shouldn't happen but of coarse it does. i was gonna say the blues were the new nucks but you guys beat me to it. this is hockey not roller derby on ice.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Hopefully the Blues will hold onto having the same playoff reputation as the Canucks as well. Bunch of chokers.

Oh well - Not gonna advocate cheap shots; let's just get them back during the regular season. Hard hits and a 6-0 score ought to do it.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Sounds like everything that was wrong with hockey was in that game.

Every time a team starts getting pushed around and tries to act tough, they end up taking a bunch of dumb penalties and losing. If you let the refs make the calls and cash in on the PP, you win. I don't expect anything different from Yeo than what he did.

When was the last time bullying worked, the 70's?

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I do enjoy how Yeo thought Coyle had a great game, even though he continues to get nothing out of him that he said he'd like to see... I'd like to believe he'll be on a short leash, but know that won't be the case.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I do enjoy how Yeo thought Coyle had a great game, even though he continues to get nothing out of him that he said he'd like to see... I'd like to believe he'll be on a short leash, but know that won't be the case.

I don't understand this either. I don't see the production or the effectiveness Yeo raves about. I guess he "does the right things" in practises and off ice but it doesn't translate into game situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce