Confirmed with Link: Preseason schedule is out

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Would have been better if we got some preseason games against teams in our division other than Florida rather than the Blues and Nashville.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Lightning play the Blues again in Orlando. Last year they scheduled the Hurricanes in there and the league shut down.

I like that it's at the start of the pre-season so I can potentially nerd out at the names on the roster.

This could be the first game that Marty wears the 'C', which would be appropriate given the competition.

A random factoid about the last time they played in Orlando is that IIRC, it was Mattias Ohlund's last game. He got the boot partway through after being unfairly targeted by the refs the whole game. He was over doing it trying to make the big hits, and I think the refs took that the wrong way. Like they thought he was out looking for trouble, which was never his game.

I could see he was having knee problems in the penalty box too. Sucks it had to end like that for him.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Date | Time | Venue | Opponent
Wednesday, September 18 | 7:00 p.m. | Amway Center (Orlando, FL) | St. Louis Blues

Thursday, September 19 | 7:30 p.m. | Tampa Bay Times Forum (Tampa, FL) | Nashville Predators

Friday, September 20 | 8:00 p.m. | Scottrade Center (St. Louis , MO) | St. Louis Blues

Saturday, September 21 | 7:00 p.m. | Tampa Bay Times Forum (Tampa, FL) | Florida Panthers

Tuesday, September 24 | 8:00 p.m. | Bridgestone Arena (Nashville, TN) | Nashville Predators

Thursday, September 26 | 7:30 p.m. | Germain Arena (Estero, FL) | Florida Panthers

Saturday, September 28 | 7:00 p.m. | BB&T Center (Sunrise, FL) | Florida Panthers

Last edited:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
I know it would have been a travel nightmare but it sure would have been nice to get a game in Syracuse. We have not had a preseason game here with our affiliate since Columbus.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The regular season schedule is expected to be released next week according to several sources.

I wonder when the new divisions and their names will officially be announced.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The regular season schedule is expected to be released next week according to several sources.

I wonder when the new divisions and their names will officially be announced.

The new names are supposed to be announced around the time of the schedule's release, if not simultaneously.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/RawCharge
The leaked #FLAPanthers schedule (via @GeorgeRichards ) has their season series with the #TBLightning start Oct. 10 https://twitter.com/xxstein13xx/status/357522219154419713/photo/1/large …
That October 10th date is a road game for the Cats, it's posted as a home date for the Bolts.
https://twitter.com/EJHradek_NHL
I'm hearing that there will be no official Olympic or 2013-14 schedule announcement today. Maybe tomorrow?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00