GDT: Preseason | Oilers @ Canucks | 8:00PM | SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2011
can't wait to watch an Oilers game... on TV!

it's been so long

Curious as to who will be playing for Vancouver.

and thank you for making the GDT

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Time get our hate on for the wetcoaster tis year. This is the year were I predict their team stumbles and we start seeing the "we had a good run" comments and threads--lets just not point out that in the last 8 years the canucks have just won 3 more playoff series then the oilers

Turrican*

Hoping for a good showing. That's all.
Just give me some effort and a win would also be good.

McLarsonator

Oct 18, 2012
Solid GDT 488! Hoping for a solid game, I've got a good feeling about this one. But i'll be happy if we have a full game of a high compete level!

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Anyone know who we'll be icing? I'll be at the game and I'm hoping to see a better lineup than last night.

Also, for any Rogers/Canucks experts, what time does the pre-game skate usually start at a 7PM PST puck drop? I want to make sure that I get there in time to drop down to ice level and check it out.

H4LL

Jul 8, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Oilers Lineup

Per Gregor:

"We know who nine of the forwards will be, but Eakins will need to add a few forwards who played in Winnipeg.

Smyth-Hall-Eberle

Perron-Gordon-Hemsky

Eager-Acton-Brown

Khaira-Nugent-Hopkins-Miller

Nugent-Hopkins isn't playing, while Miller and Khaira are questionable due to nagging injuries, so that means at least one, and potentially three, forwards will play back-to-back."

"I'm guessing the top three pairings below will make the trip:

Ference-J.Schultz

Belov-Fedun

Nurse-N.Schultz

Marincin-Hunt
"

"Dubnyk/Rimmer"

Edit:
"The other forward line will be Joensuu/Arcobello/Pitlick.
"

Last edited:

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Per Gregor:

"We know who nine of the forwards will be, but Eakins will need to add a few forwards who played in Winnipeg.

Smyth-Hall-Eberle

Perron-Gordon-Hemsky

Eager-Acton-Brown
Khaira-Nugent-Hopkins-Miller

Nugent-Hopkins isn't playing, while Miller and Khaira are questionable due to nagging injuries, so that means at least one, and potentially three, forwards will play back-to-back."

"I'm guessing the top three pairings below will make the trip:

Ference-J.Schultz

Belov-Fedun

Nurse-N.Schultz

Marincin-Hunt"

I would like to see Smitty and Perron switch lines, but other than that these lines look pretty good. I think we'll have a good shot to win tonight, as long as VAN doesn't ice all NHLers.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Im gonna blindly guess some line combos for tonight:

Smyth - Hall - Hemsky

Perron - Arcobello - Eberle

Khaira - Miller - Kessy

Eager - Acton - Brown

Ference - J Schultz

Marincin - Fedun

Belov - Potter

Labarbera
Dubynk

EDIT: LOL missed the previous post about the lines.....mine werent a bad guess though haha

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Yak is in

what again? lol i can totally see it now....

*yakupov peeps his head into Eakins office

yakupov: hi coach, is good game yesterday, i come tonight too

Eakins: Well yaks you've played every pre season game so far....

Yakupov: yeah is good fun, like score goals. Coach i play anywhere, just put me in

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
The more and more I see the Oilers play, the more and more I see them possibly getting into the playoffs this year. The fact that Vancouver and Calgary are struggling roster wise and organizational wise will give us easy wins this year (as long as the Oilers don't let others walk all over them and just give up). I also think teams like Phoenix and Anaheim will be good games for the Oilers since both teams seem like easy victories, but they always seem to have our number every year. Only two I got a problem with are San Jose and LA. Those two always have strong teams and they always have great Regular Season play. If we can over-come those 2 (LA and SJ), we will be laughing. I'm not saying we will be 1st in the division, but I feel we could get 3rd or 4th if we put a great effort night in and night out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad