GDT: Preseason Hockey! Your New Jersey Devils vs. Boston Bruins, 7 PM, Devils App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
Just saw that the Bruins waived Connor Carrick today.

Guess they don't really like him either.

The Panthers didn't think much of him, as he spent the entirety of last season in Charlotte of the AHL.
He was pretty popular in Toronto as a good locker room guy for the Marlies. I don't think anyone ever thought of him as an NHL regular.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He was pretty popular in Toronto as a good locker room guy for the Marlies. I don't think anyone ever thought of him as an NHL regular.
Someone was not very happy a few pages back at my Connor Carrick slander.

I thought of all players Connor Carrick? Still not sure if that was serious or not. The best thing I can say about Connor Carrick is that I think he's better than Colton White and the guys we usually have in the system (Helgeson, Jacobs, etc) that get call ups.

I was a little confused at the time by the fact that we gave him a 2 year deal, as he was already on his 4th NHL team before he even turned 25.

I typically don't like trades where we trade a defenseman (and sometimes it's even a forward) for a barely to less than NHL caliber defenseman (and sometimes it's a forward we get back, like David Steckel) at the trade deadline and they play here beyond the remainder of that year. Dalton Prout was the other fairly recent one, a couple of years before Carrick.

Dakota Mermis was one of the rando's that we had who was actually impressive in his very short time here. It appears he was not a deadline acquisition, but a signing for the AHL, who got called up after the trade deadline/Andy Greene got traded. If the first covid pause never happened, maybe he plays long enough to really show he wasn't at all good, as he's only managed to play 5 NHL games over the last 2 seasons with Minnesota.

Reactions: Bone Density

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Except for being entirely reasonable.

If you’re a team with championship on it’s mind, then you should worry about load management.

If you don’t mind wearing your players out and having them at lesser strength later in the year, then play your players every game for max minutes. If you want to keep your players at peak performance as much as possible, then periodically give them time to recharge.

It’s the NBA, they don’t take hits lmfao

Diva league

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
When was the last time you watched Giannis or Zion play? They get hit multiple times every game by guys way bigger than Wilson on the Capitals
And basketball is generally just murder on your back, knees, and ankles.

We could probably figure out what positions don’t need rest days in any sport; starters only.

Baseball DH. Football kicker. Baseball Starting Pitcher. Soccer goalie.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
And basketball is generally just murder on your back, knees, and ankles.

We could probably figure out what positions don’t need rest days in any sport; starters only.

Baseball DH. Football kicker. Baseball Starting Pitcher. Soccer goalie.
Baseball starting pitchers need four days of rest after each start though. But yeah, just about all pro sports is brutally hard on the human body.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Baseball starting pitchers need four days of rest after each start though. But yeah, just about all pro sports is brutally hard on the human body.

All MLB starting pitchers get a nice extended rest after they get Tommy John surgery.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad