GDT: (Preseason) HOCKEY!! Washington Capitals @ New Jersey Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Lappin actually didn't look bad Looked stronger than what I remember from last season and also looked a bit faster.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Lappin actually didn't look bad Looked stronger than what I remember from last season and also looked a bit faster.

Maybe it's just that the quality of the players around him is better, but he looked a bit out of place. He made some bad plays that were covered up by teammates. But I agree that it was nothing too egregious.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Happy to see Blandisi have a solid game. I really feel like he's blossoming and if he earns a spot he'll be a key player for us. He's got the skill and feistiness to be a contributor.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Maybe it's just that the quality of the players around him is better, but he looked a bit out of place. He made some bad plays that were covered up by teammates. But I agree that it was nothing too egregious.

I think it was more this. He wasn't bad, but other guys were simply better.

Hayes is the only guy on our squad I think was bad.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Happy to see Blandisi have a solid game. I really feel like he's blossoming and if he earns a spot he'll be a key player for us. He's got the skill and feistiness to be a contributor.

He had a good game from what I saw (2nd and 3rd Periods). I didn't notice him fall at all, but he had one bad pass on a 3 on 2.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Doesn't Blender have a weird waiver situation? Something about him only having 15 more games left before he has to clear? If the Devs send him down to start the season and he plays more than 15 games in Bingo can he be recalled without waivers?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Doesn't Blender have a weird waiver situation? Something about him only having 15 more games left before he has to clear? If the Devs send him down to start the season and he plays more than 15 games in Bingo can he be recalled without waivers?

Honestly right now I think he should be on the team over Wood and JQ.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Honestly right now I think he should be on the team over Wood and JQ.

My guess is Quenneville will start in Binghamton. I don't think there is any chance this staff leaves Wood's speed out of the lineup though.

BringBackTheRats

Mar 13, 2012
Albany, NY
meh.ro10489.jpg

It's kinda similar. Maybe someone would edit it to have the correct name?

Was bored and just got back into Photoshop:
3wDGVzb.jpg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My guess is Quenneville will start in Binghamton. I don't think there is any chance this staff leaves Wood's speed out of the lineup though.

I sure hope not. I think I'd rather any forward make the team over Wood, outside of maybe Jimmy Hayes or some goon. Hynes and company's infatuation with him is another reason that I struggle to find confidence in him and his ''System''. I think we have ebough forwards that we don't need to have him on the NHL team. When people here say ''(insert name) is a liability in his own end'', he's the first name that comes to mind. I'm sure if he were in tonight's game, we would have been pinned in our end another 3 more times. There's no doubt in my mind that we play better without him, that's how bad he is in his own end. He's worse than Tedenby.

I'm sure he'll score a goal in one of these games, which will spark their love for him all over again, despite being out-attempted 22-8 when he's on the ice that very same game.

I think he could be a decent 3rd line guy, but not if we force him to play in the NHL right now, when he's clearly not able to. I thought he should have been sent back after a couple months last year, but it was garbage time and it was no use anyway. He's got good speed, but he doesn't even look nearly as competent as Reid Boucher or Blandisi, who were both sent down to the minors either before or shortly after the start of the season, these past two years.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I'd only argue Hall can. After that, nobody.

That play started on defense when Nico stole the puck blind, as good as he will be on the offensive side, it very well might be better on defense.

And when you say that about a player, usually it means the player has limited skills.

Nico is the exception to the rule.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
That play started on defense when Nico stole the puck blind, as good as he will be on the offensive side, it very well might be better on defense.

And when you say that about a player, usually it means the player has limited skills.

Nico is the exception to the rule.

I'm not worried about him at all.

Nico seems like he takes care of business in his own end every shift, but has the extra speed and vision to make plays happen when he gets it in the offensive zone.

I'm actually quite excited about him being a core player that'll set a great example for the rest of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad