GDT: Preseason: Game 8 - Anaheim Ducks @ Arizona Coyotes , 3pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
So, how it happens is that preseason results are not counted in total season standings. The games are played but purely for practice purposes to get the players going. Great teams have had horrible pre-seasons. Being bad in it also does not guarantee anything, but it's not yet time for concern.

It's not a hard concept to grasp :laugh:
Seriously. Maybe instead of jumping to conclusions about a whole season based on a couple of pre-season bad games and a couple of unfortunate injuries, let's see what they look like after 5-10 games that count. You guys seem to be already writing off Terry, Z and McT as being incapable of getting this team going. Give them a chance!

Last edited:

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
So, how it happens is that preseason results are not counted in total season standings. The games are played but purely for practice purposes to get the players going. Great teams have had horrible pre-seasons. Being bad in it also does not guarantee anything, but it's not yet time for concern.

It's not a hard concept to grasp :laugh:
Dirk wants fights all game long..

Reactions: Kalv

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
My take away, from what little I saw of the preseason games, is the team is infinitely better at moving the puck, especially out of our D zone.

We have zero games with our defense. Anyone who thinks a team can basically swap out 5 of 6 players on the blue line and have a cohesive group to kick off the season is living in fantasyland.

We’ll have a better idea in January of our progress. Right now I’m excited for the season to start and watch some hockey again.

John

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Seriously. Maybe instead of jumping to conclusions about a whole season based on a couple of pre-season bad games and a couple of unfortunate injuries, let's see what they look like after 5-10 games that count. You guys seem to be already writing off Terry, Z and McT as being incapable of getting this team going. Give them a chance!
Flashbacks to Heatley scoring in his first shift in preseason and some fans predicting 50 goals from him playing with Getz and Perry :laugh:

My take away, from what little I saw of the preseason games, is the team is infinitely better at moving the puck, especially out of our D zone.

We have zero games with our defense. Anyone who thinks a team can basically swap out 5 of 6 players on the blue line and have a cohesive group to kick off the season is living in fantasyland.

We’ll have a better idea in January of our progress. Right now I’m excited for the season to start and watch some hockey again.

John
One thing, is also we're not getting outshot. Last game, we outshot them pretty badly tbh. This game it was even.

We need some calibration, sure

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Never thought that pairing was a good idea when people have suggested it in the past. They both need a physical stay at home d partner.
Agreed. But they are the only ones who can hunch big minutes well (if Drysdale hasn't regressed) so they kind of compliment each other well... outside of the style, which I agree is less than ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad