We have to shout above the din of our RiceCrispies
Aug 14, 2020
jerk14.jpg

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Doesn't sound like anyone left a big impression tonight for our tweeners. That major really did us in. Wonder if the kills Curlman's chances?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm just going to say that with my experience so far it is nice that some games are televised, we all (well some of us) got to see the Avs beat the Stars the other night. I was looking forward to watching this one. Found out it wasn't online and read a book for a few hours. Got back online found this....

Avs-Stars 23.10.03 ES.png

So, I thought, maybe it was a few of the usual suspects that just sucked ass....

Avs-Stars On-Ice 23.10.03 ES.png

Now this is just an exhibition game, but I didn't really expect to see Drouin with an xGF% of < 10.00 while fighting for his professional life here. RyJo, Nuke, Byram, Tar, Colton, Manson...all vets that look like they took the night off. At least I hope that is the case because the stats for this game are just damn ugly. The only bright spot to me is looking at KMac and the players above on the second screen capture. Those are the guys you want to see trying to impress. Brad Hunt and Clurman trying to make sure they are in Bednar's mind. Joel appears to have shown really well again.

They guy that stood out though is highlighted. Looking at his minutes, he was obviously sheltered, which is kind of embarrassing in a pre-season game but whatever, anyways Kurtis freakin' MacDermid ended the game 4th on the team even strength in xGF%. I mean, good for him. But seriously, to the rest of the team...what the f*** was that shit?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I'm just going to say that with my experience so far it is nice that some games are televised, we all (well some of us) got to see the Avs beat the Stars the other night. I was looking forward to watching this one. Found out it wasn't online and read a book for a few hours. Got back online found this....

View attachment 748808

So, I thought, maybe it was a few of the usual suspects that just sucked ass....

View attachment 748810

Now this is just an exhibition game, but I didn't really expect to see Drouin with an xGF% of < 10.00 while fighting for his professional life here. RyJo, Nuke, Byram, Tar, Colton, Manson...all vets that look like they took the night off. At least I hope that is the case because the stats for this game are just damn ugly. The only bright spot to me is looking at KMac and the players above on the second screen capture. Those are the guys you want to see trying to impress. Brad Hunt and Clurman trying to make sure they are in Bednar's mind. Joel appears to have shown really well again.

They guy that stood out though is highlighted. Looking at his minutes, he was obviously sheltered, which is kind of embarrassing in a pre-season game but whatever, anyways Kurtis freakin' MacDermid ended the game 4th on the team even strength in xGF%. I mean, good for him. But seriously, to the rest of the team...what the f*** was that shit?
Nate Clurman though. Thats nice to see.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Every game is recorded for video coach and scouting purposes.

The problem is that when you ask to stream a game, you have to pay extra for the TV help, the personnel that can broadcast the game, the equipment to broadcast the game, and the incentive of the pros outweigh the cons. Stars and Wild might've blackout the games knowing that they will get more to go to the preseason game in person and that the preseason ratings just do not justify the means. Whatever the case is, it is a very dark age sort of thinking. All the cutting-edge NHL clubs broadcast their games. Teams like Toronto, Buffalo, NY Rangers, Devils, Flyers, Penguins, Blackhawks, Vegas, Kings, and others. It's only the secondary NHL clubs that are still stuck in the blackout approach. Not even giving us the jumbotron feed in the 21st century is weak.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It’s all about the money in the end. Find a business case for it, and the streams and TV will be there. Can’t find that, won’t happen.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I've never thought there was enough justification not to show pre-season games.

Whether it's ad revenue from commercials and on ice ads, whether it's marketing your team for the regular season by building anticipation, whether it's keeping your most loyal fans happy by giving them what they want rather than disappointing them, whether it's giving your broadcast team some reps before the season, to reduce the chance big mistakes happen during the regular season, there's plenty of reasons why it benefits the team to make a relatively small investment and show these games.

And as mentioned, there's camera ops and a truck switching cameras for the jumbotron feed anyway. Just put someone in a room offsite to watch the jumbotron feed and commentate if you want, it's not gonna be that much more expensive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad