GDT: Preseason Game 5 at Edmonton

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
I really like TT with Staal. Don't know if there's actually more space or if its a confidence thing, but he seems to be much more dangerous.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
This 1st period is probably the best I've seen Hanifin look. He just looks like what we expected, a guy that can just control the game with his skating, passing. If he plays this way consistently, that's is going to be one tough defense.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Ok, now the team needs to let Darling have some work. :sarcasm:

Although, I'll be surprised if the Oilers don't come out a play a much better game this period.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
This 1st period is probably the best I've seen Hanifin look. He just looks like what we expected, a guy that can just control the game with his skating, passing. If he plays this way consistently, that's is going to be one tough defense.

Yeah I thought he really stood out in a good way. The only thing is he still has that muffin from the point that can be blocked and turned the other way so easily. It's like he's scared of scuffing the puck.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
We'll trade some of them for that guy who wears #97 on your team :laugh:

btw, your avatar is awesome! 10/10 :handclap:

Nonononono... haha he himself was worth the decade of darkness we endured. You guys have a great young team. The fans I bet are starving for success as much as we are, I remember 06... you guys are just as loco. Lol

Thanks lol

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Oilers are looking a lot better this period, probably had some words in the locker room, guys are doing a good job of forcing things to the outside though.

I still miss Juice.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'm really liking Williams-Staal-Turbo as a thing right now. They provide more then enough defense and Turbo just works as a buzzsaw alongside those two.

Not sure how I feel about Aho-Rask-Lindholm but you get the feeling that group can make it work.

Skinner-Ryan-Necas/Stempniak to feast on the mismatches as a "3rd" line.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I can't blame Oilers fans for getting angsty about this. Had a stick hold that's usually a 50/50 let go on a delayed penalty, and that Russel breakup usually isn't called either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad