GDT: Preseason: Game 5 - Anaheim Ducks @ Arizona Coyotes - 3pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I know it‘s only preseason but…

IMG_3656.gif

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is how I see it. The right guys got on the scoresheet, we didn’t ice our full line up, two key guys are not even signed yet, and we are 4-1 in preseason.

Leo looked solid again, Strome and Vatrano looked much more engaged, Terry came though when we needed, Luneau was impressive, and Groulx even got on the scoresheet. Have to feel pretty good with how things have gone.

Now if Z and Dry can friggin sign, lol.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This is how I see it. The right guys got on the scoresheet, we didn’t ice our full line up, two key guys are not even signed yet, and we are 4-1 in preseason.

Leo looked solid again, Strome and Vatrano looked much more engaged, Terry came though when we needed, Luneau was impressive, and Groulx even got on the scoresheet. Have to feel pretty good with how things have gone.

Now if Z and Dry can friggin sign, lol.
Problem is there's still echoes of the Eakins system on top of a still fairly weak roster.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Gonna take our guys some time to learn Cronin’s system, won’t happen overnight.
That's true. I guess what I'm implying is that the bones of Cronin's system from what we see and hear about it appear to be an improvement. How much of an improvement it comes out to be in practice is anyone's guess.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That's true. I guess what I'm implying is that the bones of Cronin's system from what we see and hear about it appear to be an improvement. How much of an improvement it comes out to be in practice is anyone's guess.

I noticed one thing. Our guys weren’t as pinned in their zone. It was more one and dones that Dostal coudn’t save. Wasn‘t his best game.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I noticed one thing. Our guys weren’t as pinned in their zone. It was more one and dones that Dostal coudn’t save. Wasn‘t his best game.
Weren't as pinned maybe but a bit sloppy on the zone exits. Sluggish in the offensive zone which cramped the ability to create chances. Forechecking pressure seemed to come and go randomly.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Weren't as pinned maybe but a bit sloppy on the zone exits. Sluggish in the offensive zone which cramped the ability to create chances. Forechecking pressure seemed to come and go randomly.

I look at more individual efforts, and I liked what I saw, even from some vets. Some of the kids look promising. As they get more reps in under Cronin we will see more consistently. I expect the last couple of games to be mostly are regulars playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad