GDT: Preseason Game 4: Ducks @ Coyotes (in Tucson) 7pm

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Yeah, definitely seems like this might be a good chance for some of those guys to make their final case not to be cut on the next go around.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Could possibly be showing the great folks of Tucson the majority of the team they will be seeing this season.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Sucks that the NHL game the fans in Tucson get is going to feature only 4 full time NHLers that they've never seen play before. Pretty sure it's only Richardson, Rieder, Domingue, Crouse, Strome are the only players who haven't or won't play in Tucson. Unsure about Strome though. And I guess Crouse could find his way down there too.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Sucks that the NHL game the fans in Tucson get is going to feature only 4 full time NHLers that they've never seen play before. Pretty sure it's only Richardson, Rieder, Domingue, Crouse, Strome are the only players who haven't or won't play in Tucson. Unsure about Strome though. And I guess Crouse could find his way down there too.

It's very strange...usually the hometeam wants to ice the better squad...clearly not the case here. Ducks not exactly coming with their A-team but they'll dress several serious vets. This could be an ugly one. Maybe some compensation for the win in Anaheim?:laugh:

I'm not impressed with the staff so far. Poor lineup / roster decisions in my view. They said everybody would get a fair chance...I don't see that at all. Always the same players getting the ugly games. They also had an A and a B team in practice. Seems like the roster was already fixed before the camp even started.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I mean the forward group doesn't look all that bad but it's mindboggling that the Coaching staff dresses six complete crap defenders for this one with Mayo already in Tucson :facepalm:
Somebody explain me this. Wouldn't it make sense to first assign those to Tucson who clearly don't have NHL level? Mayo definitely showed some promise and outplayed all of those six crap defenders playing tonight by a healthy margin.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
"You want to give everyone a chance obviously, and there's some guys that probably get a little bit more of a chance than others. Sometimes life's not fair." -Tocchet

Stupid. Especially since those players who don't seem to get a chance would actually be exactly the kind of players the Coyotes need.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Louie getting lots of time.

Mostly the ugly ones. But I like it. That's when he's at his best. I like that he gets some games on a regular basis. He was mighty impressive so far. Will be looking to get him in Yahoo Fantasy:)

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
With the Cardinals - Cowboys game tonight, I don't expect there to be a big crowd. Talk about unfortunate scheduling!.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Did you notice these games don't count for squat and are supposed to be for evaluating individuals???

Right. But at the same time they had four righty defenders in recently :facepalm:
I get that the results don't really matter but I don't think the best way to evaluate players is to dress a lineup that's as ugly as it gets.

Also, if the roster ends up being the way they wanted it to be from the beginning, then there will be no balance as well. Not enough righties, not enough role players (mainly PK guys), not enough size and not enough grit.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
So, I'm guessing it will be Rieder/Merkley/Duclair on the RW. Who will be the 4th? I suppose they will just try Rinaldo, Cousins, and Etem there.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Huge game for Strome and Duclair. Strome's been quiet without being terrible, but he needs to stand out. Duke's only played the one game I believe, but he was completely invisible.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Kempe - Strome - Duclair
Crouse - Richardson - Rieder
Perlini - Cousins - Merkley
Rinaldo - MacInnis - Etem

Connauton - Clendening
Mermis - Wood
K. Ekman-Larsson - Campbell

Domingue