GDT: [Preseason Game #4] Dallas Stars vs Arizona Coyotes - 8:00 PM CST (NHL.com)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
There's no reason to send Peterson to the AHL . He's better than the potential spares ( Caamano and Gardner ) and Comeau and Glendening. Tufte also might be better than the spares. Going to be interesting to see how the roster looks in its final form.

Bishop obviously has to be put on LTIR at some point before the season starts though.

Reactions: Elysian and Bfantz

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
After seeing some promising youngsters in these games what would you guys LIKE to see as your preferred opening night roster?

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Dallas hired an ambassador of Hispanic community/hockey relations yet they're completely invisible outside of the broadcast crew. This is a pretty big failure on the team's part, but the NHL has done an excellent job with the content and promoting the event. Even the Coyotes have people participating in community events, and I don't see a single thing the Stars have been involved with.

Reminds me of the time they just skipped their 'hockey is for everyone' night. Dallas Stars miss a chance by not reaching out to gay fans

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
There's no reason to send Peterson to the AHL . He's better than the potential spares ( Caamano and Gardner ) and Comeau and Glendening. Tufte also might be better than the spares. Going to be interesting to see how the roster looks in its final form.

Bishop obviously has to be put on LTIR at some point before the season starts though.
Just that shootout goal alone should be enough to keep him up lol When’s the last time we seen a stars player do something with a slight bit of creativity in the shootout ? That was nice to see .

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Just that shootout goal alone should be enough to keep him up lol When’s the last time we seen a stars player do something with a slight bit of creativity in the shootout ? That was nice to see .

Is it bad that I just assume it will get coached out of them eventually? I feel like it’s a common theme that players who do exciting, skillful things do them less the longer they’re being coached by the Stars.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
After seeing some promising youngsters in these games what would you guys LIKE to see as your preferred opening night roster?

My ideal, and probably most realistic (no Bourque), opening night roster:

Peterson-Seguin-Radulov
Robertson-Hintz-Pavelski
Kiviranta/Raffl-Benn-Gurianov
Kiviranta/Raffl-Faksa-Glendening/Comeau

Suter-Klingberg
Heiskanen-Lindell
Harley-Hakanpaa
Sekera/Hanley

If Harley makes the lineup, I'm gonna guess he gets paired with Hakanpaa. If not, then I like Heiskanen with him but not sure they'll knock Lindell out of the top 4

For the goalies, I have no clue.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011

Peterson-Seguin-Radulov
Robertson-Hintz-Pavelski

Suter-Klingberg
Heiskanen-Lindell
Harley-Hakanpaa
Sekera/Hanley

If Harley makes the lineup, I'm gonna guess he gets paired with Hakanpaa. If not, then I like Heiskanen with him but not sure they'll knock Lindell out of the top 4

I havent been able to see much of preseason games, is Heiskanen playing on the left and Lindell the right or is that just what you want to see?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I havent been able to see much of preseason games, is Heiskanen playing on the left and Lindell the right or is that just what you want to see?

Tbh not sure, they haven't played together I don't think in this preseason. Heiskanen was playing the right side while partnered with Harley yesterday so idk where they're gonna want him. I forgot Lindell is an LD too tbh so I threw that lineup together without even giving it a 2nd thought

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't think Harley makes the roster out of camp this year.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021

Robertson-Hintz-Pavelski
Peterson--Seguin-Radulov
Kiviranta-Benn-Gurianov
Raffl-Faksa-Glendening
Comeau/Kero

Lindell-Heiskanen
Suter-Klingberg
Sekera/Hanley-Hakanpaa
Sekera/Hanley

I'm not the biggest Glendening fan, but I like that he's great at faceoffs and can kill penalties. I think he's more valuable because of the faceoffs than say Comeau.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017

Peterson-Seguin-Radulov
Robertson-Hintz-Pavelski

Suter-Klingberg
Heiskanen-Lindell
Harley-Hakanpaa
Sekera/Hanley

I wish Peterson could play right side so we could have a robo , hintz , Peterson line . That could be deadly .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad