Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game 3 = win

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm very happy for Arvi Holm who played great in the 3rd.

Nice shot by Lambert on the game tying goal.

We took too many bad penalties.

I enjoy beating the Habs even in preseason.

giphy.gif

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
PLD getting shown up by the 4th liners, bubble players and players who have no shot at making the NHL team. Sad!

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Good game but now time to make some cuts.

Vets looked better tonight, shaking off some more rust.

Defensive battle and still Noone wants the spot.

Heinola looks good on the pp where he's decisive with his passing. Flip to es play and he's anything but decisive most of the time. He's a premier puck mover and he's deferring to Stanley to make passes, taking too long to process his reads when he does make passes. Defensive game isn't good enough when he's not playing with confidence with the Puck.

Samberg with a few complete wtf moments. He settled and was good on the pk and was doing a good job blocking shots. His defensive play was solid but still too inconsistent.

Stanley just can't handle speed and was beat again a number of times tonight. His puck movement was much better although he still turned it over a few times. He was the best of the three tonight imo.

Lambert played well with the Puck on his stick and used his speed to win races and pounce on turnovers. I did however find him to be lost in his own end at times and you can see that he does get tunnel vision at times with the Puck (criticism from last year as well) Still a real positive debut and there is a player in their if they take their time refining some of his rough areas.

Torgoson after a great first game was really quiet tonight. He still battled hard but saw very little of the puck and miss fired or blew a tire the fee times he had it in decent position. Another player who has atteibutes that if developed correctly can help the team.

Holm played really well. Think he has a good year in the AHL.
Most of the other players are AHL players and should be sent down.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Ville over Stan cuz pp and ability to play both sides
Samberg over Stan for PK and defensive

think maybe you gotta seriously look at moving Stanley out tho. If he's at best a 3rd pair LHD, then time to move on. Ville and Samberg both I feel have more potential and at this point can do things Stan doesn't

And then you get to park $8.25 M of your cap in the minors and submarine the season in endless controversy.

Like I'm serious

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Lambert is not there yet but I’m feeling pretty confident he will turn out to be a pretty good NHLer in a couple years. Looking like a really nice pick at #30.
Yup there is some Ehlers in his game but he still needs worj awaybfrom the puck and with it at times. Imo he has first line tools but needs careful development in order to get the most out of them. Definitely one to watch and perhaps he's ready to take Blake's role in a few years. I like him more than Lucious.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
I can't say anyone really impressed me tonight. The Habs gave the Jets all kinds of time and space all night and the Jets did little or nothing to take advantage of it.

Reactions: surixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad