GDT: Preseason Game 3: Sabres at Maple Leafs, 6:30 PM in West Lorne, Ontario (Hockeyville)

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Sabre game management underway. Sabres up 2 goals in the 3rd? Take a Sabre off. Sabres down 2 goals in the 3rd? Take a Sabre off.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
How’s the goaltending tonight?

I didn't see the first goal, but I've heard it was tipped in. Goals 2 and 3 were breakaways.

Soooo I think it's reasonable to want UPL to save at least 1 of the breakaways..........though none of the goals were "bad goals" or "UPL's fault" per se. UPL did make a number of pretty solid saves, and he hasn't gotten a lot of help at all.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I didn't see that first one as tipped. I think UPL was trying to steer it with the blocker and just funneled it.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
saying 9 of our guys having career years is funny 3 of them were rookies and several were guys in their 2nd and 3rd seasons.....other than that it was mostly the top line and Dahlin. Who is expected to get worse? Skinner is the only one who's numbers aren't likely to be matched again.

Reactions: HOOats

Tijuana Donkey Show

Mar 14, 2023
I didn't see the first goal, but I've heard it was tipped in. Goals 2 and 3 were breakaways.

Soooo I think it's reasonable to want UPL to save at least 1 of the breakaways..........though none of the goals were "bad goals" or "UPL's fault" per se. UPL did make a number of pretty solid saves, and he hasn't gotten a lot of help at all.

I’m bouncing around tonight so I can only watch the box score so thanks for this. This place is a lot more measured (smarter?) than sabrespace.

I will say that batting .000 on breakaways and a defense leaving their goaltender out to dry brings a certain amount of PTSD.

I love Levi and a lot of guys on the roster but if goaltending and the defense are more of the same results I’ll start to get angry. For now I’ll stay out of the mob.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad