GDT: Preseason Game 3: Sabres at Maple Leafs, 6:30 PM in West Lorne, Ontario (Hockeyville)

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Only saw the 3rd. Not impressed. Leafs seemed like they were the more skilled team. Esp their puck handling and control. But maybe was just crappy ice?

Johnson showed me some skill. He got burnt on the 4th goal because he dropped down to deep in the zone after knocking the puck out over the blue line.

He'll learn.

Bryson and Joker can be traded anytime as far as I am concerned.

Goaltending? MEH.....

Cozen was ineffective in the offensive zone and only looked good carrying the puck through the NZ because the Leafs pretty much let him. (Kind of a "no worries" strategy.)

Krebs was his usual pest.

Jost nothing special.

Olofsson.....please leave the team.

I don't think Murray is gonna stick either.

Only 2 games in but the biggest surprise and brightest stars have been Levi and Benson.

Last edited:

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
I'd have expected him to stand out ... but those old stone hands still crop up every now and again. He's been off for sure. Hopefully they can find him a winger that can help him put up goals, as he's not the best playmaker.

And here we have Mittelstadt. A pass first talented forward who’s allergic to shooting and needs a home in the lineup.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
There are ostensibly two spots open in camp:

UPL vs Comrie

Rousek vs. Olofsson

Personally, I think Comrie and Rousek are running away with it. But Lance from TBN seems to think it's not an actual competition in net, that it will be UPL regardless of what happens, which I don't like.
I am not sure they will sit VO to bring in a rookie who can still play in the minors.
Do I want it. Yes!
This team needs more Rousek.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I didnt get why they resigned him.
Eh, it's a one year deal, the cap isn't an issue, and you still need forward depth. We were extremely lucky last year in that we didn't get hit with a ton of simultaneous injuries to our forwards. Jost gives them someone who can sit in the press box as a spare if needed (allowing prospects to continue getting actual playing time in Rochester), can play in a pinch if there's injuries, but can be benched for a callup if someone is ready. There's very little downside to having a guy like Jost around, just like Hinostroza last year.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I am not sure they will sit VO to bring in a rookie who can still play in the minors.
Do I want it. Yes!
This team needs more Rousek.
It would certainly be disheartening for VO if Rousek is playing over him. Luckily he'll still earn millions just sitting there. He could always bail on the contract and sign with a new team at a cheaper price if he really wants to play.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Glad I missed this one. Read the thread instead, you guys were entertaining at least :laugh:

41-15 shots?? Yeeeeeeesssh

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Cozens was probably the only player who was able to control the game a little. Power had a really nasty missed hip check leading to a goal against. UPL gonna UPL. Krebs looks like he still needs to be sheltered by girgs and KO.

That's all a little knee jerk on my end, but that's my impression from last night

edit - forgot to mention that Kisakov needs to shoot the damn puck instead of last second passing.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad