Preseason Game 3 | @ Boston | 7PM

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Columbus Roster

Boston Roster
Forwards: Colby Cave, Peter Cehlarik, Austin Czarnik, Jake DeBrusk, Seth Griffith, Colton Hargrove, Jimmy Hayes, Danton Heinen, Sean Kuraly, Peter Mueller, Riley Nash, Tyler Randell

Defensemen: Brandon Carlo, John-Michael Liles, Kevan Miller, Joe Morrow, Rob O'Gara, Jakub Zboril

Goalies: Anton Khudobin, Zane McIntyre

Last edited:

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Looking at the line-up, another throw away game to assess talent. But that's cool. Not saying they all suck, just that it is a pretty veteran free line-up in terms of guys that were regulars last season.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Its preseason...I don't care if we lose them all...its about finding players that work well together and seeing who's going to fight for their spot...

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Its preseason...I don't care if we lose them all...its about finding players that work well together and seeing who's going to fight for their spot...

This, except that it is near-criminal that they charge season ticket holders full price to watch crap like last night.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I hope we lose them all, or at least alot of them. We've had great preseasons like 3 years in a row, which got me really excited, and then we sucked ass. So, if they suck to start the year I don't have to get excited (other than the usual excitement that the season is starting.)

Light the Lamp

Apr 21, 2015
This, except that it is near-criminal that they charge season ticket holders full price to watch crap like last night.

What about the games in December when the CBJ lose 6-2 and don't show up? Or the late Feb game, when CBJ are playing for lottery picks.

I'll happily pay for these throwaway games if it results in a high-energy game mid season.

zmancartfan

Jan 21, 2011
Medina, OH
Yeah, for the life of me I can't figure out the blackout rules. I'm up by Cleveland, and both NHL Network and the NESN feed are blacked out on DirecTV.

I understand (sort of) if the national mirror and/or the NESN feed was blacked out because the game was also on FSN. But when there is NO local broadcast, why in the world does it make sense to black out the national broadcast in the away market? Afraid it'll hurt ticket sales?

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Yeah, for the life of me I can't figure out the blackout rules. I'm up by Cleveland, and both NHL Network and the NESN feed are blacked out on DirecTV.

I understand (sort of) if the national mirror and/or the NESN feed was blacked out because the game was also on FSN. But when there is NO local broadcast, why in the world does it make sense to black out the national broadcast in the away market? Afraid it'll hurt ticket sales?

Regarding the pre-season website streams at least, It's an NHL rule that they're blacked out outside of Columbus.

Moral of the story, NHL blackout rules make absolutely no sense.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Regarding the pre-season website streams at least, It's an NHL rule that they're blacked out outside of Columbus.

Moral of the story, NHL blackout rules make absolutely no sense.

The stream was available in Cleveland last night, maybe because we are in the FSO broadcast area.

My guess on the preseason stream blackouts is that the rights agreements are so rigid that there is no flexibility to treat preseason games differently if the RSN decides not to air them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad