GDT: Preseason Game 1: Coyotes "@" Blues | 9/24/22 17:00 AZ time | Blues radio online | TV - ?? | Wichita, KS

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
You have changed it to borderline and cheapshot from the initial conversation which was suggested to be a clean hit followed by a cross check to the head?? They are 2 different conversations. Players hit and they hit hard, the possibility of retribution these days does nothing to stop that.
yes, sorry for inconsistency. I think you are wrong about the possibility of retribution when it comes to cheap shots / dangerous plays.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
You have changed it to borderline and cheapshot from the initial conversation which was suggested to be a clean hit followed by a cross check to the head?? They are 2 different conversations. Players hit and they hit hard, the possibility of retribution these days does nothing to stop that.

When Players policed the game guys like Keller couldn't play. A crosscheck to the face for a clean hit is not policing anything, it's being a goon.
Seems to me that a clean hit needs no policing. “Blowing a guy up”, however clean, is meant to hurt the player, not to dislodge a puck, and merits a Kassian like response.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
no, but it goes better for the yotes if their opponents have a reason to think twice before a borderline hit or cheapshot. That’s the game. We all know that, right?

That’s because with this line up WE are the knuckle dragging thugs that cheap shot attempting to injure innocent players!! We go down this path we lose what ever respect we had left.

Just to point this out he cross checked a human being to the face. Took a stick and smashed it into his face to cause harm… reason why… ugh he better man than I am.. what the f***

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
If I was Bear Ric would bag skate for a week. Nothing else just bag skate, and then bench his ass.

Also a hand written apology explaining why he did something so stupid and sorry. Hopefully BA responds to emails. Not a call want a written response. To a young star, Frick this is why no kids go to the rink this year.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
If I was Bear Ric would bag skate for a week. Nothing else just bag skate, and then bench his ass.

Also a hand written apology explaining why he did something so stupid and sorry. Hopefully BA responds to emails. Not a call want a written response. To a young star, Frick this is why no kids go to the rink this year.
Thou art so righteous.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
On average 80 NHL players get a concussion in 1 year of hockey. Most from hits to the head by elbow or stick. That’s not hockey the hard way that’s assault. One of the things the NHL is trying to remove from the game and we built a team for it.

You call it revenge, I call it policing the game. I’m not proposing a return to goon hockey. I’m happy that our players now protect each other from a heavy hits and illegal hits.
We are doing the illegal hits!!

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
3340743f-b676-46e3-8895-48faa9461f9f_text.gif

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
All these nice goals and passes is not making me feel very optimistic about the tank. :confused:
Last year we had one of the best records in pre season … the dropped 10 straight… I am thinking the tank is good … but we shall see .. The thing that is not making me feel optimistic is the late year push we always have that will likely take us out of the Bedard sweepstakes

Reactions: jmelm

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Let's just win some games and let the lottery balls fall where they may.

Sure last has the best odds but it's one draw (or however the NHL has it configured now).

I just did one click on the Tankathon site. Entered with 2nd best odds behind Chicago. Picked 3rd because SJ jumped up.

Reactions: Jakey53

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
You guys are cheering about a player cross checking another star in the face!! Is this the identity you are hoping for?
I did not get to listen to the game, and I'd never condone a player actively trying to injure another player, but I want our team to flirt with the line between hurt and injure. I want to be so physically dominant that we are legit feared. We should be unpleasant.

Reactions: LittlePipes

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I did not get to listen to the game, and I'd never condone a player actively trying to injure another player, but I want our team to flirt with the line between hurt and injure. I want to be so physically dominant that we are legit feared. We should be unpleasant.
Blues announcers made it seem like a felony. Refs gave a 2 minute penalty.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
The Blues announcers conceded (briefly) near the end of the broadcast that the cross check was to the shoulder and glanced off to the face.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
So non-suspendible. Dont worry though i suspect Kassian does something stupid soon.
I'll let you slide.....I suppose Ritchie and Kassian are easily confused with one another when discussing suspensions/stupid penalties...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad