GDT: Preseason game 1 Boston Vs. Montreal - NHLN/RDS/TSN2 7:00 PM EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaybCamn

Oct 16, 2010
Thats cool, they only do normally the last couple, I am really excited to see the new rookies play.

Boston Line up

Forwards: Anthony Camara, Craig Cunningham, Alex Fallstrom, Rob Flick, Matt Fraser, Jarome Iginla, Nick Johnson, David Krejci, Milan Lucic, Daniel Paille, Carl Soderberg, Ryan Spooner, Shawn Thornton

Defensemen: Matt Bartkowski, Tommy Cross, Torey Krug, Adam McQuaid, Kevan Miller, Zach Trotman, Ben Youds

Goaltenders: Chad Johnson, Malcolm Subban

Here is Montreals line up

31- Carey Price
65- Robert Mayer

6- Douglas Murray
24- Jarred Tinordi
26- Josh Gorges
55- Francis Bouillon
76- P.K. Subban
84- Darren Dietz

32- Travis Moen
37- Gabriel Dumont
45- Michael Blunden
48- Daniel Brière
51- David Desharnais
53- Ryan White
60- Christian Thomas
67- Max Pacioretty
71- Louis Leblanc
72- Nick Tarnasky
75- Charles Hudon
86- Stefan Fournier

Last edited by a moderator:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
In 11-12 they had one game on NESN and one meh stream. The rest were crappier streams from websites. :laugh:

Looks like all of them will be covered this year, whether by NHLN, NESN, or the Bruins website. Real happy with that. :) We played in the last game of the season but it's still been so ****ing long.

Tuukkaraski

Mar 25, 2013
Is this only on the NHL Network? I don't get that channel I don't think. Will it be streamed anywhere?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Is this only on the NHL Network? I don't get that channel I don't think. Will it be streamed anywhere?

I'm guessing it will only be on the NHL Network in the US, but perhaps might aired on one of the Canadian sports outlets.

Curious to see who announces; the Pitt-CBJ game on NHL Network this evening featured the Penguins contingent.

"I don't see anyone in the East standing in their way." No mention of the ECF sweep at the hands of the B's. Surprise. Hope we kick their ***** in again this year.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
@brandonworley: Per Blues radio, the NHL will be stopping all fights once helmets come off and it's a penalty if a player removes his helmet as well."

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
@brandonworley: Per Blues radio, the NHL will be stopping all fights once helmets come off and it's a penalty if a player removes his helmet as well."

Is this per season or policy from here on out? Not sure it's any safer to allow fighting with helmets on. Might as well just go with not fights at all. May be heading that direction anyway.

Is there a list posted for who is playing in the game tomorrow?

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston

Protect your head, break your hands instead, makes perfect sense...

They're just making it easier for the Patrick Kaleta types.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Protect your head, break your hands instead, makes perfect sense...

They're just making it easier for the Patrick Kaleta types.

I'd rather have a broken hand for a couple of weeks than a broken brain for life. :dunno:

I think it should be up to the players, and maybe it's a little extreme that the fight is broken up if they come off, but I can see where they're coming from perfectly clear.

Last edited:

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
I'd rather have a broken hand for a couple of weeks than a broken brain for life. :dunno:

I think it should be up to the players, and maybe it's a little extreme that the fight is broken up if they come off, but I can see where they're coming from perfectly clear.

I don't think the players agree with you. They'll just find another way around it.

The visors aren't going to stop you from knocking someone out (ask Jay Beagle).

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I don't think the players agree with you. They'll just find another way around it.

The visors aren't going to stop you from knocking someone out (ask Jay Beagle).

Ryan Suter's never worn a visor in his NHL career. He's switching to one this year.

I realize most of us love the old-school fighting aspect of hockey, and you're talking to a guy who spent more time fighting than doing anything related to skilled hockey during his time on the ice, but the more and more information that comes out about head injuries, players will start to change their minds. It's not gonna happen right away and there will be resistance, but it'll happen eventually.

Like it or not, fighting's gonna become a dinosaur. People just need to get used to it. Different priorities in the game now.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta

Won't that be a safety issue for the linesmen? If the guys aren't done throwing, best not to step in.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'll be at the game tonight sporting my B's jersey. Even though its only preseason I expect it to be tense at the Bell Centre. GO B's!!!

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I'm guessing it will only be on the NHL Network in the US, but perhaps might aired on one of the Canadian sports outlets.

Curious to see who announces; the Pitt-CBJ game on NHL Network this evening featured the Penguins contingent.

"I don't see anyone in the East standing in their way." No mention of the ECF sweep at the hands of the B's. Surprise. Hope we kick their ***** in again this year.

:laugh: This stood out to me too.

A remarkably healthy Penguins team that was also a better team than the one this year was swept by the Bruins, I would think they merit at least a mention as being a team standing in their way.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
tumblr_ls4b50dijN1r3ey45o1_500.jpg

mmonty

Mar 9, 2013
Do they fight in the preseason games? A Canadien fan was telling me they don't.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
Do they fight in the preseason games? A Canadien fan was telling me they don't.

Can almost guarantee a couple of our scrappier prospects with an outside chance at the team will try to at least.

Also, any idea if they plan on repeating it? I don't have DVR D:

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Let's use this thread for the GDT. If anyone has line up info, let me know and I will update the first thread.

GAME ON! So excited hockey is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad