Preseason: Blues vs. Wild (Injured? Please let that be a Fabbrication...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Forgive my naivety, but what can happen on an escalator that can cause a fatality... If they stop working, aren't they just stairs? Would it jolt to a stop and throw people forward or something? I just can't imagine an escalator going so wrong?

Indeed, this happened a few years ago at Scottrade after a Blues game and several people were injured (and one died, I think?). I think the escalator sped up then stopped? Something along those lines. People were thrown forward. Remember how packed those escalators can get.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Forgive my naivety, but what can happen on an escalator that can cause a fatality... If they stop working, aren't they just stairs? Would it jolt to a stop and throw people forward or something? I just can't imagine an escalator going so wrong?

They usually just have the waist height railings, so she was 2 stories up apparently so if she was leaning over the edge or got pushed it's a 20 foot fall where she probably landed on her head.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Those three are pretty skilled for 4th liners. Lapierre was voted the best 4th line center on a big HF thread going into last year - regardless of whether that's true I don't think he's outside the top 5. Great PKer and had a solid playoff series. And Ott is probably one of the best 4th line wingers you'll find, too.

7fabc146_michael-scott-laugh.gif

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

Ott was unusually unproductive for the Blues after they acquired him. Career-wise and last year up until the trade, he produced well enough to be a third liner. He's also an agitator, a very good hitter, can fight, and is outstanding at faceoffs. The big question is whether or not his scoring has dried up and whether or not he can score with limited minutes and linemates. He probably won't be as good as he was for Dallas, and is far from my favorite player, but if he scores somewhere approaching how he has for the past few years, he's absolutely one of the best 4th liners in the league.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Our fan base underestimates Ott quite a bit. He and Reaves are the perfect 4th liners for this talented team. They will play valuable minutes, stick up for their teammates, hit, fight and pump up the team. Very important role players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad