Preseason: Blues vs. Wild (Injured? Please let that be a Fabbrication...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Roster for tonight

Forwards:*David Backes,*Patrik Berglund, Paul Bissonnette,*Robby Fabbri,*Maxim Lapierre,*Jori Lehtera,*T.J. Oshie,*Ryan Reaves,*Jaden Schwartz,*Paul Stastny,*Alexander Steen,*Vladimir Tarasenko

Defense:*Jay Bouwmeester,*Ian Cole,*Jordan Leopold,*Petteri Lindbohm,*Alex Pietrangelo,*Kevin Shattenkirk

Goalies:*Jake Allen,*Brian Elliott

A guess at the lines

Berglund - Backes - Oshie

Steen - Stastny - Fabbri

Schwartz - Lehterä - Tarasenko

Bissonnette - Lapierre - Reaves (gonna suck for the wild)

Bouwmeester- Shattenkirk

Cole - Pietrangelo

Lindbohm - Leopold

Allen
Elliott

May Oshie exact his revenge tonight

With BizNasty still being dressed, I'd think the odds of him sticking around are good

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'll. be there. Can't wait to see if Fabbri lives up to the hype.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Fabbri might have an actual chance to steal a spot from Lindstrom.

The best part about that is Lindstrom hasn't played himself out of that RW spot....Fabbri is just that good and promising.

He's starting to get the recognition he deserves. He doesn't draw all the attention because he isn't very flashy, he just gets the job done, so good at finding lanes to the net, shooting around traffic to open sides of the net, and his 2 way game is so good. Between Schwartz, Tarasenko, and Fabbri. Armstrong has done an amazing job at snagging top 10 talent later in the draft.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
You might as well name this thread the Fabbri show. This game is about him. I feel like if he has a strong showing, he opens the year on Stastnys wing, which would blow my mind.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Someone needs to tell Ott that he needs to give up his #9. If he does make it, Steen and Stastny would be perfect linemates for him.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Roster for tonight

Forwards:*David Backes,*Patrik Berglund, Paul Bissonnette,*Robby Fabbri,*Maxim Lapierre,*Jori Lehtera,*T.J. Oshie,*Ryan Reaves,*Jaden Schwartz,*Paul Stastny,*Alexander Steen,*Vladimir Tarasenko

Defense:*Jay Bouwmeester,*Ian Cole,*Jordan Leopold,*Petteri Lindbohm,*Alex Pietrangelo,*Kevin Shattenkirk

Goalies:*Jake Allen,*Brian Elliott

A guess at the lines

Berglund - Backes - Oshie

Steen - Stastny - Fabbri

Schwartz - Lehterä - Tarasenko

Bissonnette - Lapierre - Reaves (gonna suck for the wild)

Bouwmeester - Shattenkirk

Lindbohm - Pietrangelo

Leopold - Cole

Allen
Elliott

May Oshie exact his revenge tonight

With BizNasty still being dressed, I'd think the odds of him sticking around are good

I doubt that. Assuming they carry two scratch forwards and one scratch defender (although Hitchcock has reversed that at times), you have:
Lindstrom or Fabbri in the top 9, then:
Reaves, Ott, Lapierre on the 4th line and 2 of:
Lindstrom/Fabbri, Paajarvi, Porter, Bissonnette, Meuller, Jaskin, (did Fraser get cut?)

Assume Fabbri to juniors (though that's a big assumption)
Mueller is AHL-bound
Jaskin probably AHL-bound, since he isn't waiver eligible
then Paajarvi (a waiver risk), Porter and Bissonnette

I guess its Porter vs Bissonnette in that case, but that's only if they don't want to keep a top 9 type player (which would be Jaskin, Fabbri or Mueller).

If they really do want to keep Bissonnette, they need to trade Paajarvi for sure. The return probably won't be very impressive.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I doubt that. Assuming they carry two scratch forwards and one scratch defender (although Hitchcock has reversed that at times), you have:
Lindstrom or Fabbri in the top 9, then:
Reaves, Ott, Lapierre on the 4th line and 2 of:
Lindstrom/Fabbri, Paajarvi, Porter, Bissonnette, Meuller, Jaskin, (did Fraser get cut?)

Assume Fabbri to juniors (though that's a big assumption)
Mueller is AHL-bound
Jaskin probably AHL-bound, since he isn't waiver eligible
then Paajarvi (a waiver risk), Porter and Bissonnette

I guess its Porter vs Bissonnette in that case, but that's only if they don't want to keep a top 9 type player (which would be Jaskin, Fabbri or Mueller).

If they really do want to keep Bissonnette, they need to trade Paajarvi for sure. The return probably won't be very impressive.
If Biz would sign a 2 way, I doubt waivers would be an issue, any team could sign him out of camp on a 1 way for what the Blues would offer. I'm just assuming this since he's being played over ott, we would probably agree the 4th line is set in stone, I see no reason to look at biz otherwise

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
If Biz would sign a 2 way, I doubt waivers would be an issue, any team could sign him out of camp on a 1 way for what the Blues would offer. I'm just assuming this since he's being played over ott, we would probably agree the 4th line is set in stone, I see no reason to look at biz otherwise

My "sticking around" you mean including being sent to the AHL Chicago? Sorry, I thought you were saying on the opening night roster.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Obama-clapping-gif-tumblr.gif

7MaMX8S.gif

1373302029-jokerclaph-o.gif

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think Biz may get offered a 2-way and be in the AHL in case we ever need to recall some toughness.

Sounds like Mueller will be going down, but it will be interesting to see who the two extra forwards are assuming Lindstrom makes it as a starter. Still don't see Fabbri sticking around all year, and putting Jaskin in the press box doesn't make much sense, so... do you go with Paajarvi and then a gritty guy like a Porter or Fraser?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Now that we are into our actual lineup, I'd want to watch this. Wonder if hockeystreams will have it.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Commence flipping out my friends.....

Non of the home games have been streamed.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Congrats on the Win tonight Blues.

Just try to not put too many of my Wild players on the IR tonight ok? (Backes and 4th line, I'm looking at you!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad