Post-Game Talk: Prerequiste for preseason pre-game talk Canadiens Vs. Devils

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Pre-game time ? First "real" game of the season.

The game appears to only be shown on RDS in Canada anyways.

Devils are playing two games tomorrow with a Team A and Team B against the Flyers and Habs.

I'm guessing the Devils will play the Better squad at the home game against the Flyers so I'm going to say that the Habs are going to face Team A but they did a good job at equally splitting them.

Team A just doesn't have the Defense that team B has.

And no that isn't Martin Brodeur coming from the grave to dunk on the Habs, Its his son Anthony.

Thanks to Xirik we have the potential Devils lineup already.

Hopefully we seem something promising from the young guys, once we get the official Habs lineup.

Hockey is back, baby !

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
1695643873703.jpeg

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
What is interesting is that there are so many prospects fighting for a spot that they all have to work their butts off. That usually gives results.

I think by design they’re making sure there’s internal competition in order to avoid “coasting while tanking”

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I think by design they’re making sure there’s internal competition in order to avoid “coasting while tanking”
Yeah, years of drafting with the “darts” motto was bound to ensure a plethora of prospects vying for spots.

It’s going to be like that for a good while, seeing the amount of 3-4-5th round picks in 24 and 25.

We are just piling them on :laugh:

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
It's time to get the season underway, lovely. Oooh, Luke Hughes is playing, nice.

Reactions: Runner77

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
20-15-17 should be a line tonight?
Ferrell, Roy, Yllonen playing probably.

Maybe something like that on d?
Harris-Mailloux
Xhekaj - David
? - Barron

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Who didn't play yesterday?

Newhook
Slafkovski
Roy
Reinbacher
Guhle

Anyone else?

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
So on D, it should be something like this:

Ghule-Barron
Xhekaj-Mailloux
Harris-Reinbacher
They’ll probably give more minutes than that to Reinbacher, if i’m not mistaken i saw somewhere couple of days/weeks ago than Reinbacher might get only one pre-season game and then go back home, so might as well play him.

Reactions: bopeep

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
They’ll probably give more minutes than that to Reinbacher, if i’m not mistaken i saw somewhere couple of days/weeks ago than Reinbacher might get only one pre-season game and then go back home, so might as well play him.
I hope we see a ton of him tonight. He plays very good. Then, we send him home! Just a little cock tease for next year.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Either way I hope this is the top 6 tonight and not guys like Demin or Laaouan....

Up front I'm expecting the lines:

Slafkovski-Newhook-Anderson
Simoneau-Beck-Roy
Farrell-Mitchell-Condotta
Pezzetta-???-???

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So guys who weren't in the scrimmage yesterday will play tonight. Maybe some who did play yesterday will play today, particularly those who are fighting for spots or contracts.

These are the players who weren't there yesterday:

D: Guhle, Barron, Mailloux, Reinbacher, Harris, Xhekaj, Demin (invite), Laaouan (AHL deal) & Ortiz (AHL deal).

F: Anderson, Slafkovsky, Newhook, Roy, Simoneau, Pezzetta, Beck, Farrell, Ylonen, Legare, Stephens, Condotta, Dufort (invite), Novak (AHL deal), Voyer (AHL deal), Yaremko (AHL deal)

G: Montembeault, Dobes & Vrbetic

In Reinbacher's case, if we're to go by what Gorton said at the golf tournament, maybe he'll get a preseason game in and most likely sent back to Kloten. So maybe he'll play tonight and after the game, they loan him back to his European team.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
So guys who weren't in the scrimmage yesterday will play tonight. Maybe some who did play yesterday will play today, particularly those who are fighting for spots or contracts.

These are the players who weren't there yesterday:

D: Guhle, Barron, Mailloux, Reinbacher, Harris, Xhekaj, Demin (invite), Laaouan (AHL deal) & Ortiz (AHL deal).

F: Anderson, Slafkovsky, Newhook, Roy, Simoneau, Pezzetta, Beck, Farrell, Ylonen, Legare, Stephens, Condotta, Dufort (invite), Novak (AHL deal), Voyer (AHL deal), Yaremko (AHL deal)

G: Montembeault, Dobes & Vrbetic

In Reinbacher's case, if we're to go by what Gorton said at the golf tournament, maybe he'll get a preseason game in and most likely sent back to Kloten. So maybe he'll play tonight and after the game, they loan him back to his European team.
We are getting a look at our D future tonight minus Hutson.

I fully expect in two years time, our 3 D pairs to be made up of Guhle, Barron, Mailloux, Hutson, Xhekaj, Reinbacher or Harris. Engstrom could be our 7th if we package Harris in the future. Can't wait to see what the boys do tonight!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad