GWT: Premier League Week of 1/14-1/15

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Huge week....without Costa, can Chelsea get back on the winning track, or will the race for the top tighten up?

Saturday 1/14
Spurs v. West Brom 730am NBCSports

Burnley v. Southampton 10am
Hull v. Bournemouth 10am
Sunderland v. Stoke 10am
Swansea v. Arsenal 10am NBCSports
Watford v. Middlesbrough 10am
West Ham v. Crystal Palace 10am CNBC

Leicester v. Chelsea 1230pm NBC

Sunday 1/15
Everton v. ManCity 830am NBCSports
ManU v. Liverpool 11am NBCSports

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Awful slate of games tomorrow morning Woof. Can't wait to sleep in.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Spurs are starting to score goals now, they weren't earlier in the season. They will make top 4.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
tv guide said they should be showing Swansea-Arsenal and instead they've got.. Fulham-Barnsley :cry:

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
That was certainly a penalty on Koscielny there near the end of the 1st.

They yellow card for diving added insult to injury.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
What a goal by Andy Carroll.
Yup, beauty. 1st half was some dreadful football, glad Bilic found the right words and the team played really well in the 2nd. Lanzini with a great performance aswell, working hard to become the offensive leader. Antonio with 3 assists, Dimi who? :sarcasm:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yup, beauty. 1st half was some dreadful football, glad Bilic found the right words and the team played really well in the 2nd. Lanzini with a great performance aswell, working hard to become the offensive leader. Antonio with 3 assists, Dimi who? :sarcasm:

I only caught part of the first half, so I don't have a total frame of reference, but that second half was fantastic. I hope Bilic continues with both Carroll and Antonio up front. They both benefit from playing off each other and Byram is competent enough at the back.

A lot of pressure on Lanzini now, I'm glad he responded so well. I don't know what to think about Feghouli. He's committed which is the most important, but not sure about his quality or decision making.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I only caught part of the first half, so I don't have a total frame of reference, but that second half was fantastic. I hope Bilic continues with both Carroll and Antonio up front. They both benefit from playing off each other and Byram is competent enough at the back.

A lot of pressure on Lanzini now, I'm glad he responded so well. I don't know what to think about Feghouli. He's committed which is the most important, but not sure about his quality or decision making.
Spot on observation on Feghouli

He works his ass off on both ends, but he is inconsistent.
Some nights he looks like a star and other times he looks like a scrub.

Oh and his crossing is still bad

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016

Yeah, having a real RB playing is so much better than Antonio (way too valuable up front). Just hoping Byram keeps his cool, 'til now he's a walking sent off in too many games.
Feeling pretty much the same about Feghouli, didn't show a lot of what he's capable of, often misses the right moment to pass, instead he's running into D-men. Rumours has it he's going to Roma, we'll see.

Last edited:

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Not that surprising really. He's a great player and scores a lot for us, but they've been winning so much because of the performances of a lot more players than just him.

It helps that Hazard, Pedro, and Willian (especially Hazard and Pedro) have INCREDIBLE chemistry, and thus work really well as the triad up front.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It helps that Hazard, Pedro, and Willian (especially Hazard and Pedro) have INCREDIBLE chemistry, and thus work really well as the triad up front.

Definitely, they have worked very well together. You can't overstate how much the Kante-Matic midfield pairing has dominated games this year either.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Pedro!

"Not good enough to be a Premier League starter" Pedro has sure looked great this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad