Premier League 2020-2021 (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Fans will come back at some point, are you just going to hire another person after.... You saved about 20K nicely done. Totally worth it and fixed Kroenke's finances. Must've been a slow year at Walmart.

At that point they can hire him back.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He shouldn’t take a pay cut. None of the players should. If he busted his knee and couldn’t play, they’d terminate him in a heartbeat. If they could force him to leave, or sell him for peanuts, they probably would. Players careers are only so finite.

Should they have given the contract is a different discussion entirely.

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If you choose to lay off that many employees, you should not be allowed to spend 50m on a release clause. Period.
Of course it’s not realistic but holy cow that is not ethical.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Özil making them look reeeeally embarassing.

Yup, what's important here is that he used the guys name in his tweet. Someone that people should not forget is that there's a person beneath the costume. It looks like its the same guy who's had the job for 27 years too. What an utter disgrace that owner is.

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Arsenal fired their entire scouting staff and their freaking mascot because they weren’t deemed essential, yet spent nine figures in the transfer market. The are owned by one of the richest people on planet earth. There is something fundamentally wrong with that. Take the jobs away from regular people because it effects Arsenal’s bottom line, yet spend more on talent. It’s wrong.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Stan Kroenke inherited $5B by getting married and the guy is concerned about paying a mascot?

The thing about all of this is as an owner, you have the right to do whatever you want with your staff. Spend your money, within legal limits, however you want.

But you don't have the right to immunity from the PR fallout of those decisions.

It's part of owning a sports franchise. There's a large part of it that's PR purely.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This is one of those situations where I'm happy that Chelsea is owned by Abramovich. Criticize how he got his money all you want, I'm probably right there with you, but through this COVID crisis no one at Chelsea lost their jobs, no one took pay cuts, and he has spent a large amount of money on hotels and food for essential workers in the community.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This is one of those situations where I'm happy that Chelsea is owned by Abramovich. Criticize how he got his money all you want, I'm probably right there with you, but through this COVID crisis no one at Chelsea lost their jobs, no one took pay cuts, and he has spent a large amount of money on hotels and food for essential workers in the community.
And now we wait for the inevitable posts that you know are coming...

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah, he's a great guy funding illegal settlements. Phenomenal person.
No one claimed he was a "great guy". His management of and treatment of Chelsea employees, as well as the local community who support the club, has been vastly superior to how Kroenke has handled this, that was the comparison.

Kroenke is hardly a "great guy" either, and is married into the Walmart family which is also not known for being great.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No one claimed he was a "great guy". His management of and treatment of Chelsea employees, as well as the local community who support the club, has been vastly superior to how Kroenke has handled this, that was the comparison.

Kroenke is hardly a "great guy" either, and is married into the Walmart family which is also not known for being great.
I literally just shit on Kroenke and he's also the avs owner so im well versed into him.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Kroenke just got his new shiny stadium LA, he doesnt care about Arsenal. As long as he is their owner, I see Arsenal as top 4 club at best. Unless they can find a great manager who can overcome their management flaws.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Meh, people praising Ozil for a publicity stunt is hilarious, this bloke is a loudmouth trying to deem that he's "right" here. I mean I am not defending any billionaire who sacked 55 people here at all, but Kroenke has always been cheap, I am pretty sure that's how he was raised in a Hick city in Missouri. I've followed the Avs and Arsenal my whole life and I know he does just enough to get by in certain elements, which isn't stadium related or making a team competitive. He's also laid off all the ushers/concession workers for the Avs and Nuggets as well and majority of those 55 are probably similar jobs for The Emirates. It isn't that Gunnersaurus is being laid off, I saw reports that he'll be hired back on when fans are allowed back in the stadium. I mean if the Governments' weren't going crazy over a virus that has a recovery rate between 97% and 99.75% - as of Aug 7, 2020 - a bit of fans should be allowed back in and a lot of people weren't going to lose jobs. I think people with money should do more from the gratitude of their heart, but you can't change a leopard's spots.

Last edited:

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Arsenal fired their entire scouting staff and their freaking mascot because they weren’t deemed essential, yet spent nine figures in the transfer market. The are owned by one of the richest people on planet earth. There is something fundamentally wrong with that. Take the jobs away from regular people because it effects Arsenal’s bottom line, yet spend more on talent. It’s wrong.

A player that can improve the team is more essential than a mascot.

And the scouts being fired were already planned prior to COVID because they were moving to a more analytics approach.

Yes it sucks he lost his job and Arsenal deserve the bad PR but in the end you're not paying to watch your team's mascot.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
A player that can improve the team is more essential than a mascot.

And the scouts being fired were already planned prior to COVID because they were moving to a more analytics approach.

Yes it sucks he lost his job and Arsenal deserve the bad PR but in the end you're not paying to watch your team's mascot.
Sure. Nothing that you said is wrong, but that doesn’t make it ethical. You also can’t tell me that Arsenal couldn’t afford both Partey and Gunnersaurus

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, FSG would whack Mighty Red if it saved them a few bucks. I have no doubt.

They might get stick and have to retreat and rehire him, but they have no qualms about it.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Sure. Nothing that you said is wrong, but that doesn’t make it ethical. You also can’t tell me that Arsenal couldn’t afford both Partey and Gunnersaurus

I don't think you will find any team that has done everything 100% ethical.

Of course they could afford to pay for both but they're not a charity. If there are costs that they can cut that are not deemed essential at this time then they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad