Pregame restaurants

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Coming from out of town. I have previously gone to Llewellyn's before the game to use the shuttle. This time I'll be staying downtown by Busch so I don't need parking or ride.

Looking for restaurant suggestions somewhere near the walk over to the arena, where I can get table for 4 without difficulty. Open to any type of food, nothing fancy as we'll be dressed for the game.

tomin

AintNoSeats
Sponsor
Dec 18, 2014
Midwesterner is a lovely bar with a good food menu and fun game atmosphere. It’s right next to Busch stadium. I’ve typically gone there post game for a drink or two or some food with friends.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Broadway Oyster Bar is good

Also they have a bar next door called the Angry Beaver where I like to get nice and drunk before Cardinal games and they have dollar burgers. Total dive though. Place is way better during the summertime.

Downtown doesn't really have the best selection of food in the the STL area but here's a link of some places:

Neighborhood Restaurant Recommendations in Downtown St. Louis

Last edited:

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Broadway Oyster Bar is good

Also they have a bar next door called the Angry Beaver where I like to get nice and drunk before Cardinal games and they have dollar burgers. Total dive though. Place is way better during the summertime.

Downtown doesn't really have the best selection of food in the the STL area but here's a link of some places:

Neighborhood Restaurant Recommendations in Downtown St. Louis
I don't even want to know what's in a dollar burger

Reactions: Majorityof1

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
upload_2020-2-26_18-6-27.jpeg

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
Maurizio's is a couple blocks from EC. The pizza is good. Order fresh though, not the buffet. The bread sticks are fried. I've never had trouble getting a table. Prices are reasonable.

TaffyPool

Mar 8, 2019
Just a few blocks north of Clark, on 10th & Olive, I highly recommend Bailey’s Range. Best burger downtown, I say, a big selection of craft beers on tap, and tasty boozy shakes if that’s up your alley.

Reactions: Itsnotatrap

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I don't even want to know what's in a dollar burger

I don't know the bar but most likely it is a loss leader. Lot's of bars do that. They lose a buck on the burger but make $2+ back on every beer. Also they probably sell a ton during that time so they can buy in bulk to get the price down.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Just a few blocks north of Clark, on 10th & Olive, I highly recommend Bailey’s Range. Best burger downtown, I say, a big selection of craft beers on tap, and tasty boozy shakes if that’s up your alley.
We're here now at (Josh) Bailey's. What better place before an Islanders game. Great place so far, awesome craft beers. Thanks for the rec.

TaffyPool

Mar 8, 2019
Glad you loved it! I’m jealous...haven’t gone there myself in probably 10 months or so. Must correct soon!

interested to hear your full review after the game! :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad