Post-Game Talk: Preds vs Winnipeg Jets :: 11/26/23 :: 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
:nashville Win!

Cardiac hockey is fun!

Outside of the top line, those lines were a carousel of players. I had no idea who was going to roll out next. They still managed to pull off the win (I hate it when they back off and play “don’t lose hockey” in the third.

Reactions: AnalogKid

Predation

Dec 18, 2011
It’s amazing how things have changed over the past two weeks. I had pretty much given up on this season, but here we are back in the mix. Really happy for these guys. Too soon for optimism?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
It’s amazing how things have changed over the past two weeks. I had pretty much given up on this season, but here we are back in the mix. Really happy for these guys. Too soon for optimism?
Certainly plenty to be optimistic about again but we will almost certainly have many more ups and downs this season. The key now is to start winning on the road and on Tuesdays. On the positive side we're .500 and Saros has overall not been very good to this point. If he can keep playing like he did last night we should be in pretty good shape.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Funny thing about Saros and him "keeping the team in the game" during the first is that a couple mistakes by him led to some of the scrambling play. Mostly, the obvious scrambling where the Jets got four shot after a horrible rebound but the were some smaller issues playing the puck too.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Funny thing about Saros and him "keeping the team in the game" during the first is that a couple mistakes by him led to some of the scrambling play. Mostly, the obvious scrambling where the Jets got four shot after a horrible rebound but the were some smaller issues playing the puck too.
Some of it was on him, but we had way to many turnovers and soft clear attempts that didn't make it out for me to give Saros any kind of crap. Whether it was pretty or not he managed to keep it out of the net, and compared to what we've seen I'll take it.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Some of it was on him, but we had way to many turnovers and soft clear attempts that didn't make it out for me to give Saros any kind of crap. Whether it was pretty or not he managed to keep it out of the net, and compared to what we've seen I'll take it.
It a nuanced conversation to be sure but it's one worth having. Just like the games where Josi might make some great plays but they may or may not over come some of his poor decisions.

I have never understood why fans always say "you can't blame the goalie" sure they hear it in player interviews all the time and coache interviews most of the time but it's a ridiculous concept. It's the single most individually important position on the ice but any analysis of goalie play is scoffed at.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It a nuanced conversation to be sure but it's one worth having. Just like the games where Josi might make some great plays but they may or may not over come some of his poor decisions.

I have never understood why fans always say "you can't blame the goalie" sure they hear it in player interviews all the time and coache interviews most of the time but it's a ridiculous concept. It's the single most individually important position on the ice but any analysis of goalie play is scoffed at.
Oh I have no issue blaming the goalie, and Saros has always bugged me with how many rebounds he has, especially when we could really stand to have him catch it and stop play, but I also realize that some of it is going to come down to where shots are coming from and that kind of thing too.

The one I wasn't happy with was on the first goal, he moved off the post to " anticipate the pass ". Major issue with that is there was a Pred spread on his belly across center ice, you couldn't have passed a puck across there if you wanted too. He kind of broke the first rule of playing goalie, take care of the shooter.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad