Confirmed with Link: Preds sign G Kasimir Kaskisuo to 1 year, two-way contract worth $700,000

Jul 12, 2007
Hold the presses. Clear the front page.
Hall to Sabres. Poile taking a nap.
I don’t really enjoy being correct on this. I wish I wasn’t. Rather see the Preds making hay.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Hold the presses. Clear the front page.
Hall to Sabres. Poile taking a nap.
I don’t really enjoy being correct on this. I wish I wasn’t. Rather see the Preds making hay.

You do realize that free agents get a say, right? Poile cannot force a person to sign. Every post you make is a total non-sequitur to the thread at hand.

Kaskisuo is a backup plan for Milwaukee where there is now competition for the #2 spot behind Ingram with Cooley also needing to fight for that spot.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
So i guess this is a backup for ingram or is he AHL? I mean we just signed Cooley not that long ago.... i guess this is incase Cooley can't handle it. Nothing wrong with a little insurance plan.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
So i guess this is a backup for ingram or is he AHL? I mean we just signed Cooley not that long ago.... i guess this is incase Cooley can't handle it. Nothing wrong with a little insurance plan.

I'd assume battle between Cooley and this guy for the backup spot in Milwaukee. Pretty mediocre numbers for Kaskisuo but he does have experience I suppose. My guess is we want to give Ingram the vast majority of AHL starts now.

Jul 12, 2007
You do realize that free agents get a say, right? Poile cannot force a person to sign. Every post you make is a total non-sequitur to the thread at hand.

Kaskisuo is a backup plan for Milwaukee where there is now competition for the #2 spot behind Ingram with Cooley also needing to fight for that spot.
Yes, I Finally understand that the players are allowed some input lol.
It’s just funny that several folks were all but announcing Hall’s arrival in Nashville, while praising Poile’s genius.
If you can’t get out in front of the Sabres, and the player chooses Buffalo to live in .... you need to rethink your approach.
The only rational logic is that it would be more fun to play with Eichel, Reinhart, the Rasmus’s, and so on. Preds will have a better record, but not the individual talent to play alongside.

Jul 12, 2007
So this signing is to create a competition for backup goalie in the minors ? I know that teams and GM’s actually do these things, but it’s funny to see it seriously reported on and analyzed in detail. But I get it - what else is there to analyze ?
OK everyone .... get angry that I said this !!

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Weird, I just got done rating this guy for my annual project, then come to HF boards and see that we signed him.

Based on what i've just researched, he's definitely an AHL backup. He got into one game with the Leafs last year and gave up 6 goals. I don't expect him to ever touch the ice in Nashville unless things go horribly wrong in the injury department.

It's good for Ingram's development though, no competition for the top job in Milwaukee, so IF there's an AHL season, we'll see how Ingram handles the starting spot as the uncontested #1 and the consistency and focus that he'll need to show in that situation.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wonder what the situation was with Grosenick. Did Grosenick WANT to go somewhere else where he wouldn't be the "veteran backup" to Ingram?

Did the money matter significantly to one or both sides? Kings are giving him $350k, which is a nice little raise on the $300k he got last year, while the Preds get to go a little cheaper on Kaskisuo at $75k while Ingram gets a little raise to $120k.

I mean, just it would have seemed pretty natural just to keep Grosenick around, if he didn't mind being the backup, anyway.

I doubt Cooley was ever in the plans for the AHL job, not yet.

Teams sure did fill out their minor league rosters as if they expect a full AHL season, though. Pretty much the normal slate of signings for minor league spots. I see we also snagged Lewington to replace Santini on D.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The ECHL announced a return to play scheduled for mid-December. As it stands now we have what is becoming a 1A/1B in goal in Nashville, a clear #1 with Ingram in Milwaukee, and competition for the #2 behind Ingram / demotion to the ECHL.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
KK did a Reddit AMA today...

I liked what he said about other players and goalies he likes watching.

It's no fun when Forsberg or Matthews come down at you during practice... been a pleasure to watch Saros up close, he's so technical and explosive

On why he wears #73

Whitney (wife) - 7 letters Fox (daughter) - 3 letters

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad