Preds Orientation (for Habs fans)

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Hi!

Lifelong Habs fan here.

...I'm keen to follow the Preds with PK this season. I know Josi, Forsberg and Rinne (Ribs too of course) but not much else about the Preds so maybe some of us newbies could find out more about the team here? (If you don't mind.)

Basically what's the plan for next season re personnel and style?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
First, forget every stereotype you probably heard from the media in the East about the Preds from from the Trotz years (ie miniscule budget, boring, trap hockey, no talent at forward, etc)

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Laviolette is playing an east-west possession game?

(and sorry, do you guys actually say "howdy"?)

Liquidfire3240

Aug 14, 2009
Murfreesboro, TN
Stop saying howdy, you're on the wrong side of the Mississippi river to say that.
Also, anyone wearing a cowboy hat in the stands is a tourist, guaranteed.

That's about it.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Rule 1 you must hate the Blues, Hawks and Wings.

Rule 2 you need to try sweet tea its really good.

Rule 3 I am Mr Doom and can not be unseated.So if you hate Craig Smith you gain points in my eye.

4 You at times must love mediocre players. See Smith, Wilson, Jarnkrok

5 You may not criticize Smith. Wilson or Jarnkrok or you will be infringing on my Mr Doom status.

6 Yall is singular
All Yall is plural
7 Yes you are required to wear shoes
8 Mike Fishers wife is off limits
feel free to add more

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I always loved Subban but being a Sens fan couldn't cheer for him. Now, I'm all aboard the Nashville bandwagon. Gonna be great cheering for you guys and PK.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
I quitted being a Habs fan and now is become a Preds fan.

I need orientation too.

(I did have Fosberg in my hockey pool tho)

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Always glad to have more on the bandwagon :handclap:

As others have said, the stereotypes from the Trotz era aren't totally true anymore. We do play a more uptempo style, and our D are excellent at joining the rush.

Our PP sucks.

Either Smith or Wilson is really good and the other one sucks. Take your pick and stick to it no matter what.

Our defense is really good, but really not deep. We fixed that a bit with Fabbro, but Edmonton fans and such will constantly try to get Ellis/Ekholm because "Nashville can give up D". We can't.

Whenever Forsberg has a #buttcheck, you have to get super excited.

Ribierio used to be good but now is the whipping boy.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
You know, Im happy to have new fans around, but I can't ever imagine changing the team I root for based on the trade of a single player.... and I don't mean this to be derogatory to those who have done so in this thread, I'm just curious how much of this is knee jerk reaction and how many will actually root for the Preds once the puck drops this fall.

Ronning was originally my favorite Pred, then Vokoun, then Mason, then Weber. I have now seen them all traded, but I never once considered rooting for someone else.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
You know, Im happy to have new fans around, but I can't ever imagine changing the team I root for based on the trade of a single player.... and I don't mean this to be derogatory to those who have done so in this thread, I'm just curious how much of this is knee jerk reaction and how many will actually root for the Preds once the puck drops this fall.

Ronning was originally my favorite Pred, then Vokoun, then Mason, then Weber. I have now seen them all traded, but I never once considered rooting for someone else.
In their defense, I think it has less to do with losing a favorite player and more to do with being fed up with a management group that can't seem to do anything right. Then cap that off with that same management group choosing a coach everyone wants fired over their best player for no apparent reason.

Ex-Montreal fans, am I close?

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
In their defense, I think it has less to do with losing a favorite player and more to do with being fed up with a management group that can't seem to do anything right. Then cap that off with that same management group choosing a coach everyone wants fired over their best player for no apparent reason.

Ex-Montreal fans, am I close?

Bingo

I'm so sick of the blatant favoritism shown by the organisation

The team is now so boring to watch it's not even funny

PS: I'll need a good streaming site for next season lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad