Post-Game Talk: Preds @ Oilers 10/17/23 7PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
ok, I can have fun losing but my soul dies a little each time. This, this sucks.

Honest question, how many f***ing 1st rd picks do you need?

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
The "new system" isn't the issue. The total inability to kill a penalty is. The now 12.5% PP is crippling.

If you would have been up in arms for this type of play when Hynes, Lavy, or Trotz were behind the bench why are you tolerating it now?

Did we change the PK setup between last year and this one? We had an 82.6% PK rate last season. Granted that was an improvement over the previous 2 seasons under Hynes so maybe we just got better at the structure year over year.

I dont think youll find anyone here thats happy with our special teams play. We did go 1/3 on the PP last night which is pretty good in isolation. Also only went 1/3 on the PK which is dog doo bad.

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
How can 12 forwards get to the NHL, start in the NHL and not know how to shoot the puck? This inability to finish is becoming incredible. Looks a little like the Ice Capades; lots of pretty skating, sleek passing but no cigar! Where’s Preds skill coach? Hope he’s up in Milwaukee teaching shooting accuracy. If he is available Preds might want to call him up. He’s not subject to waivers.

Predation

Dec 18, 2011
We were warned that this will be a bumpy year. We might even be bad enough to be a lottery team, and then we will be able to draft that elusive #1C.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I still found things I liked in the game. They did carry the puck and pass well and get lots of shots. I guess most of the time in the old days an analyst would come on and point out that those shots are without traffic, the goalie can see them setting up and coming in, they need to get their noses dirty and try more for tip-ins/rebounds/screens etc. But I don't know, just the zone entries and puck control and passing are still a vast improvement to me. I remember they showed the stats for expected goals/opportunities so far this season, with the Preds right near the top of the league, and I don't think this game will have hurt that status at all. Eventually things will start going in. I wouldn't panic on that side of things.

But the PK is definitely still an eyesore, and Carrier was absolutely abysmal at taking his man tonight. 3 goals were his. Lauzon and Barrie also put themselves out of the play too often. I wouldn't change a thing going the other way, but they have to clean up these problems in their own zone.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Oof. Been out of town since the opener so unable to attend anything at this point. On the other hand I get back on Sat and am a little leery of even going. Hopefully they turn it around.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
We were warned that this will be a bumpy year. We might even be bad enough to be a lottery team, and then we will be able to draft that elusive #1C.
Burning it down was/is the dream scenario for one group. Now that we could be headed down the road of the tank approach, there is a demand for success like it's just add water instant coffee. :popcorn:

PS: Not saying this is definitely a tank season. There are plenty of points to be made about growing pains, etc.

Last edited:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Burning it down was/is the dream scenario for one group. Now that we could be headed down the road of the tank approach, there is a demand for success like it's just add water instant coffee. :popcorn:

PS: Not saying this is definitely a tank season. There are plenty of points to be made about growing pains, etc.
I think Trotz may if realized at the draft that is Askarov and 2 1st cant get you into the top 5 to draft a future star C, then the only way you get there is to be bad. Not saying that is where we are going on purpose but if we end up there naturally then so be it. I dont think he will make panic moves for instant gratification

Reactions: Kat Predator

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
1697644071378.png

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
What does all that even mean if Fabbro is the 3rd most dangerous offensive player on the team?
It's not that he's the danger himself, just the team is putting pressure on the other team more than they are on us when he's on the ice. If he kept it up over a full season, you'd be like, hmmm, the ice tips more when he's out there, which a good defensive/transition player can do, even without being dangerous themselves.

(Or you might say, hmm, he's on the ice with Roman Josi!)

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
It's not that he's the danger himself, just the team is putting pressure on the other team more than they are on us when he's on the ice. If he kept it up over a full season, you'd be like, hmmm, the ice tips more when he's out there, which a good defensive/transition player can do, even without being dangerous themselves.

Last night Fabbro had some of the best looks

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville

Last night Fabbro had some of the best looks
Was at hockey practice for all but the first and last 5 minutes of the game so I have no idea how Fabbro played but I did think he looked dynamic in the other games. I honestly think his possession, passing, and skating has looked better than Josi. I guess that's what those formulas are showing but I still don't "expect" him to score goals.

Reactions: triggrman

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I think Trotz may if realized at the draft that is Askarov and 2 1st cant get you into the top 5 to draft a future star C, then the only way you get there is to be bad. Not saying that is where we are going on purpose but if we end up there naturally then so be it. I dont think he will make panic moves for instant gratification
Exactly. It's the risk a GM runs when he decides to do a massive overhaul. The players may progress nicely or they may crumble. And Trotz has said he's fine with either outcome. In the former case, we get a head start on the rebuild and might stay competitive. In the latter case, we get a premium pick closer to the top of the draft, which will curiously solve every other problem don't-ya-know. And, I agree that I don't think Trotz is going to panic for instant gratification. (And I'm still glad Hynes is gone.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad