Proposal: Preds-Oil-Sens

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
As a nsh fan I'll take extended Duchene, extended Stone and Larsson for Subban, Turris and 1st. I don't remember what kind of a deal Larsson is on, but I don't think it's gonna change my mind anyway.

This is far from realistic, because if or when we part with Subban, it's gonna be an offseason or an expansion draft. Among few other reasons.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Oilers can't add that much salary so this deal is dead in the water. I don't see Ottawa getting more than two 1sts(one probably in the lottery), Bouchard and Puljujarvi for Stone and Duchene

Yeah but they need something for taking on the Sekera contract. That's whats missing

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Ermmm... RNH is not scoring most of his pts as a C and neither is Draisaitl. In reality those 2 other "#1 Centres" get most of their pts while Edmonton's sole #1 C is on the ice.
RNH has 12 pts in last 10 games. McDavid was a factor in only 4 of them. Only one ES.

Unlike rest of the team, RNH produces away from McDavid.

Reactions: Chabot84

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
RNH has 12 pts in last 10 games. McDavid was a factor in only 4 of them. Only one ES.

Unlike rest of the team, RNH produces away from McDavid.

In the last 4 games, RNH has 6 points. McDavid / Draisatl factored in 5 of the 6 points.
In 51 games, McDavid / Draistatl factored in 31 of 51 points.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
In the last 4 games, RNH has 6 points. McDavid / Draisatl factored in 5 of the 6 points.
In 51 games, McDavid / Draistatl factored in 31 of 51 points.
first one is a small sample size. 10 out of last 20 goals before last night were scored by either McD or Drai.
31 out of 51 is still pretty good compared to rest of the players including Draisaitl.
most of those remaining are probably ES to boot.

Much better than Turris and his 3 ES goals this year.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
How is EDM absorbing those contracts?

Sens should get a much bigger package if those players are extended which is highly unlikely this close to the TDL.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Ermmm... RNH is not scoring most of his pts as a C and neither is Draisaitl. In reality those 2 other "#1 Centres" get most of their pts while Edmonton's sole #1 C is on the ice.
Yes, thats because they load up the PP.
Max Domi only has 16/47 points without Drouin on his line.....4th liner #'s at best.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Unrealistic ,Ottawa doesnt need to make a 3 way work here...We could just market each one separately ,besides EDM needs to work the draft properly for a season or 2 and that should help them

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Value is fair for all teams imo.

But Subban and Turris are 29. Giving up all those good young assets for 3 good years of these guys isn't worth it in the long run.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009

If Edmonton had better wingers to spread out throughout the lineup I think Oilers fans would see that they have 3 #1 C's. RNH might not be elite or anything like that but he could be the number 1 C on a couple teams.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Value is fair for all teams imo.

But Subban and Turris are 29. Giving up all those good young assets for 3 good years of these guys isn't worth it in the long run.
Oil should just look to draft....Hopefully the have fixed their scouting and can find some gems in the later rounds

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Dutchy extended
Stone extended

The rest of it aside, zero chance Stone and Duchene sign open ended contracts with Ottawa so that Dorion can decide their futures for them by selling them to the highest bidders. Completely unrealistic

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The rest of it aside, zero chance Stone and Duchene sign open ended contracts with Ottawa so that Dorion can decide their futures for them by selling them to the highest bidders. Completely unrealistic
No but PD should be asking for a nice conditional package ,to weed out the bs

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
You kind of have to word it as extended here on HF or else the thread just gets torpedoed with the same comments over and over again..

"No ones giving up that much for a rental... blah blah blah"

I would assume any team involved in a big trade like this would not pull the trigger unless they thought they could sign both Stone and Duchene.

DUH!

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
You kind of have to word it as extended here on HF or else the thread just gets torpedoed with the same comments over and over again..

"No ones giving up that much for a rental... blah blah blah"

I would assume any team involved in a big trade like this would not pull the trigger unless they thought they could sign both Stone and Duchene.

DUH!
Yep why PD need to include heavy conditions should they be trying to shortchange him ,by giving him rental value on a signed player

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Terrible from the Oilers standpoint.

We need some players to step in on ELC's or cheaper contracts to provide depth & this is the opposite of that. We need Bouchard & our 1st this year to eventually become players not trade them for 2 high priced/overrated players that put us further into salary cap hell. If anything, we should be doing the exact opposite of taking on big contracts.
High priced, sure, but how are Subban and Turris overrated?

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017

I know it's a really easy narrative for HF to make, one that is clearly based on not actually watching the team play and to be honest who could blame you. Other than McDavid there isn't much reason to tune in. But it's starting to really become straight ignorant.

Since Hitch has split the 3 Cs on to separate lines last week the following has happened (3.5 games played - he put Drai back with McDavid last night later in the game who knows what will happen moving forward)
McDavid = 2 goals / 5 assists
Draisatl = 5 goals / 1 assist (2 PP assists to McDavid)
RNH = 0 goals / 5 assists (3 PP points w/ McDavid involved)

So basically, Drai has scored 4 goals with 1 assist while playing on a line with Lucic and Rattie. AHL calibre wingers.
RNH has 3 power play points with McDavid involved the rest are ES with Khaira and Pulju as his wingers.
And McDavid had 5 of his 7 points coming via the only other 2 good players on the team contributing.

Obviously McDavid is the best player in the league and he will be setting up whoever he plays with but it's not Draisatl's fault that Connor wants to play with him. They are also very close off the ice, the 2 of their girlfriends are like best friends from what I've heard, so their chemistry is apparent. Draisatl would easily be a #1C on a ton of teams but we are going to let the fact that he's got the best player since Sid who often plays with him cloud that? It's just wrong.

RNH isn't a #1C, he's a solid #2C who is versatile and can play wing. I don't agree with the original poster who claimed we have 3 #1Cs.

Reactions: 780il and Chabot84

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
I know it's a really easy narrative for HF to make, one that is clearly based on not actually watching the team play and to be honest who could blame you. Other than McDavid there isn't much reason to tune in. But it's starting to really become straight ignorant.

Since Hitch has split the 3 Cs on to separate lines last week the following has happened (3.5 games played - he put Drai back with McDavid last night later in the game who knows what will happen moving forward)
McDavid = 2 goals / 5 assists
Draisatl = 5 goals / 1 assist (2 PP assists to McDavid)
RNH = 0 goals / 5 assists (3 PP points w/ McDavid involved)

So basically, Drai has scored 4 goals with 1 assist while playing on a line with Lucic and Rattie. AHL calibre wingers.
RNH has 3 power play points with McDavid involved the rest are ES with Khaira and Pulju as his wingers.
And McDavid had 5 of his 7 points coming via the only other 2 good players on the team contributing.

Obviously McDavid is the best player in the league and he will be setting up whoever he plays with but it's not Draisatl's fault that Connor wants to play with him. They are also very close off the ice, the 2 of their girlfriends are like best friends from what I've heard, so their chemistry is apparent. Draisatl would easily be a #1C on a ton of teams but we are going to let the fact that he's got the best player since Sid who often plays with him cloud that? It's just wrong.

RNH isn't a #1C, he's a solid #2C who is versatile and can play wing. I don't agree with the original poster who claimed we have 3 #1Cs.

RNH... 23rd in scoring for centers.
NHL.com - Stats

Players get better... RNH is breaking out... I think he could be a #1 C on a couple teams.. Oilers are just spoiled with their C depth.. example.. RNH would be the number 1 C on the sens once Duchene is gone.. hahaha

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Nashville

Dutchy extended
Stone extended
Larsson

Edmonton

Turris
Subban

Ottawa

Edmonton 2019 1st
Puljujarvi
Bouchard
Nashville 2019 1st
Sekera

Bouchard is a prospect hard to give up but Sekera is included and dumps cost assets

I think this gives Nashville a huge shot st the Cup.

Edmonton addresses 2 needs especially Subban #1 RD.

Ottawa gets 2 firsts and blue chip in Bouchard and a shot at reclamation with Puljujarvi. Sekera is likely LTIR-retire and if not they need to make the floor anyways

Who says no?

Edmonton declines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad