Proposal: Preds-Oil-Sens

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
There are many good reason for the Oilers to pass on this deal . Here a few .
1) We don't have the cap space to do such a deal
2) We don't need another centre
3) The age of the players in the OP don't line up with Edmonton core or timeline
4) Edmonton needs to build up their prospect pool and dump cap to try and repair the damage Chia has done
5) Edmonton also has to stop trying quick fixes . It what got Chia/Oilers in this message in the first place .
6) Edmonton needs to learn to develop their own players . They can't always be trading their broken prospect at their lowest values

Edmonton needs to draft well and move cap over the next 2 years . Send down Puljujarvi , Leave Bouchard in the AHL even if he looks NHL ready . A few bumps in the road and a prospect can lose their way .

Sekera and Russell can be traded this off season . It better to retain on them then buy them out . If Sekera can return at 60 to 70 % of what he was he has some value at 3 million . Russell at 50% retained has value . Manning send to the AHL and Spooner unless you can send them away with a middle round pick for a late pick . In 2 years the Oilers would only have Lucic and he may be movable with a 1st to another team .

In short Edmonton can turn Chia mess around in 2 years if it is done right . Bring in big contracts is not the answer as it still leave Edmonton with ZERO DEPTH with no cap to upgrade

Reactions: topshelf15

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Max Domi only has 16/47 points without Drouin on his line.

That's because they're on the same line... You see the Habs don't have a bunch of high end picks + #1 Overalls but they have some scoring peppered throughout the line up. Gallagher, Tatar, Kotkaniemi, Byron and even Danault now can pot in some goals for us. That means three decent lines that gives us enough wins for a spot in the playoffs. OTOH the Oilers put all their eggs in the McDavid basket which makes them easier to play against.

RNH might not be elite or anything like that but he could be the number 1 C on a couple teams.

And those teams would be bottom feeders. Even on the Habs now, Domi's proven himself to be capable and show grit or Danault, always terrific defensively, is trending to a near 60pts season.

it's not Draisatl's fault that Connor wants to play with him. They are also very close off the ice, the 2 of their girlfriends are like best friends from what I've heard.

This isn't f***ing high school. There are TENS of Millions of dollars at stake here. Make that shit work. I swear to god no wonder the Oilers are a clusterf***. The Owner's a fanboy, Upper Management's an Old Boys Club and the roster thinks they're on High School Musical.

RNH... 23rd in scoring for centers.
NHL.com - Stats

Players get better... RNH is breaking out... I think he could be a #1 C on a couple teams.. Oilers are just spoiled with their C depth.. example.. RNH would be the number 1 C on the sens once Duchene is gone.. hahaha

First of all most of RNH's pts weren't scored as a Centre and second DON'T mock the Sens. I have as a Habs fan a healthy respect for their team and their long suffering fanbase. In addition I personally think Mark Stone's a better player than Draisaitl. You think LD's hot shit riding shotgun with McDavid? Stone with Conor would give every other team in the NHL nightmares.

There are many good reason for the Oilers to pass on this deal . Here a few .
1) ...
2) ...
3) ...
4) ...
5) ...
6) ...

One to do it. What ya got ain't working. You guys have sucked for wayyy too long. You're practically the California Golden Seals or Cleveland Barons or Kansas City Scouts or Atlanta Flames or Colorado Rockies. Olddd school expansion team bad and for like a decade. Whatever you guys are doing, stop it and do something else.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Not willing to lose Subban, dude brings so much to the city of Nashville.
Your crazy. I'll take a signed Stone and Duchene over Subban any day. Add Larsson in too boot, it's a no brainer and Poile dances a jig in the middle of Broadway after making that deal.

If Edmonton needs wingers instead of centers just swap Turris and Fiala. Younger and just coming off his ELC and shouldn't be too expensive to sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad