Post-Game Talk: Preds @ Jets

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Riding the pine will do nothing for his confidence. I have a sinking feeling that Father Time is catching up with him.

Well either way we need to put the player out there that will give us the better chance to win and right now Rinne isn't it so he needs to seat.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
It's in his head in the worst way. Not sure what he can do to get his confidence back.

Did you see the thousand-yard stare while he was on the bench during the EN sequence? He was briefly shown in the background and he was zoned out.

beer league

Dec 22, 2008
Canada
The Neal hit was a good 3 seconds if not longer after the puck was gone, it was a good call. Jackman's was a good call too.

3 seconds is legal, and the ref in the corner right next to the hit found it legal too. That was a Tim peel across the ice call on Neal, and probably so was the embellishment which is the real call I can't believe...if Neal even loses an edge or falls down from a hit, if he gets high sticked or tripped and reacts in any motion than he will get an embellishment call from Tim Peel. Tim Peel is a disgrace.

fiveAMpractice

Oct 19, 2014
3 seconds is legal, and the ref in the corner right next to the hit found it legal too. That was a Tim peel across the ice call on Neal, and probably so was the embellishment which is the real call I can't believe...if Neal even loses an edge or falls down from a hit, if he gets high sticked or tripped and reacts in any motion than he will get an embellishment call from Tim Peel. Tim Peel is a disgrace.
3 seconds on s;ow motion replay is about 1.2 sec in real time.
Doesn't matter, Neal knows Tim Peel is out to get him, he shouldn't even even touch a player when he's reffing.

vertigo1061

Jan 10, 2016

Actually the league uses 0.5 seconds as late hit time and 0.6-0.7 second threshold the DOPS uses to determine whether late hits warrant supplementary discipline. This was an issue with the Clayton Stoner hit on Pacioretty last year.

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
Actually the league uses 0.5 seconds as late hit time and 0.6-0.7 second threshold the DOPS uses to determine whether late hits warrant supplementary discipline. This was an issue with the Clayton Stoner hit on Pacioretty last year.

Why are you so butt hurt about Johansen? He was clearly the best player on the ice & has been every game he's played with us.

It's not our fault he packed it in because hated it in Columbus.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

That would get called most of the time no matter who it was. 1.) The puck had been out of the guys possession for what is more than enough time to not make a hit. The puck was gone long before Neal was even with the blue ice. 2.) It was obvious Neal was going after him for a hit earlier.

Gonna get called more times than not. Even Stu, who refuses to say anything negative about anything, said it was a stupid thing to do.

I don't disagree that the guy is an idiot, but at this point if you are Neal you know the guy is out to get you, so don't give him anymore reason than necessary to call something. Peel may be a disgrace, but Neal is stupid for playing into his hands as well.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Preds-bench-Jan-13-2016-300x200.jpg

Post-game audio: Coach Laviolette, James Neal & Kevin Fiala.

To listen click here.

fiveAMpractice

Oct 19, 2014

I heard that before with the timing issue on so called late hits.
If some one gets hurt when you finish your check they can use what ever time delay they want for discipline. It's the NHL

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I think most of the Preds penalties were penalties but there was some blatant stuff like the headlock on Fiala while he was skating with the puck in the 1st and the elbow to Josi on the point was blatant, there were a few straight up trips, like Forsberg on the powerplay that should have been called.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Can't really support Rinne on that one, gotta have it. Guys did stand around in a clump like idiots though.

The clump of idiots is on the coaching staff. They were playing a zone D in that 3 on 3. I would say it is to save their legs so they can rush down the ice when Rinne makes a save. Oh wait. Rinne would have trouble stopping a beachball right now so yeh...

Great to see the team rally however and on the road none the less. Fiala looked strong all night and Johanson is pretty amazing. So happy with that trade. I really think if they plan on sticking with the Forsberg/Ribeiro/Jarkrok line they need to move Ribs to the wing and let Jarkrok pick up the faceoffs and defensive responsabilities. Ribeiro is a serious liability in the D zone and lacks the speed to back check much at all. Jarnkrok could handle that far better.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm just not a huge fan of Ribs. He did win some O zone faceoffs at the end so I'm not going to ***** too much. I just think he is too predictable and his effort level at times leaves a lot to be desired.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Incredible comeback! They were determined, they were not going to be denied tieing that game. The guys on the ice were so happy, the bench was ecstatic.

As the game was unfolding I thought the game would be a turning point. Either hit rock bottom based on their play in the second period or as the start of a turnaround based on the third period comeback. Now who knows.

OT....sigh.

Pekka has absolutely zero confidence right now.

Faceoff Wins: Nashville - 35, Winnipeg - 23
Fisher 12-4; Gaustad, Ribeiro, Johansen each won 6. Good night at the dot!

Neal, Johansen, Fiala......:heart:

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Still amazed we came back. So proud of our boys. I was upset last night, but this morning, I am only a little sad. It took a lot of mental fortitude to win that game. Also, if we hadn't hit the post in OT and that shot had gone in, we would be feeling a lot differently right?

Yes, this team still needs some help. I have no doubt about that, but RyJo looks like a god. Fiala looked miles ahead of where he was last year and in the preseason. There are things to be excited about.

I'm sure there will be some changes made in the near future, but last night the team actually gave us a little hope, more than we have had the past five games.

Anyone still missing jones?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad