Preds in 2006-2007

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Sharks were just as good and loaded with talent. they had our number during that time and we had still not won a playoff round in our history so it was a big leap for us to beat the sharks.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Wasn't that the year that Vokoun was unavailable for the playoffs, too? Or was that the year before?

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
One goal game after one goal game between two teams that tied for the conference lead in wins during the regular season ... the only time in the modern era where the teams with most wins in a conference met in the first round.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Wasn’t that also the series that had several dubious calls that led to 5 on 3 PPs in favor of the Sharks? Sharks were more physical and faster but the Preds were right there with them. That series was sooooo painful for original Pred fans. Maybe only losing to the Yotes in the second round could rival it... not even losing the Cup final.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Wasn’t that also the series that had several dubious calls that led to 5 on 3 PPs in favor of the Sharks? Sharks were more physical and faster but the Preds were right there with them. That series was sooooo painful for original Pred fans. Maybe only losing to the Yotes in the second round could rival it... not even losing the Cup final.
Yes. Mr. Admiral decided the refs were in someone else's pocket that day and hasn't changed his tune over the years.

I remember that, Deke! That decision changed your life!

Loyal Legion

Nov 24, 2019
I remember several bs penalty calls in this series. One of the loudest goals I ever heard at Bridgestone Arena was when the Preds were just finishing off killing a 5-3 Sharks powerplay and Dumont scored shorthanded. I was frustrated this entire series but Game 2 felt good. I just checked a stat: Preds are lifetime 0-8 in playoffs at San Jose, getting outscored 33-33. I knew Sharts have our number but that's getting owned.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Sadly these were the years I missed out on while living in the abhorrent pit that was Atlanta hockey coverage. By the time I got back after that 2 years things were a mess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad