News Article: Preds have unmatched stability in goal

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Sunday night, Predators back-up goalie Carter Hutton backstopped Nashville to a 3-1 win in Winnipeg.

Doing so, he became just the seventh goalie to record a win for Nashville since the franchise's inception in 1998, joining Mike Dunham, Tomas Vokoun, Chris Mason, Dan Ellis, Pekka Rinne and Anders Lindback (altogether, 13 men have appeared in goal for Nashville).

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postsports/2013/10/22/preds_have_unmatched_stability_in_goal

Good read. Always knew in the back of my mind that the Predators were atop that list, but never stopped to think about how far ahead of the rest of the league they were.

Mitch Korn isn't mentioned in the article, but I think that's an oversight. Korn being here from Day 1 has given the team great insight into selecting goaltenders that fit the system and giving him guys he can work with and craft into NHL netminders for the team.

We might find the "consistency" of the Predators to be mundane at times, but in regards to goaltending stability I think there are few teams that wouldn't kill to have the success the Predators have had in net...

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
trying to name the 6 goalies who have played but never won...

Im guessing Lasak probably had the most games without a win
Finley
Fichaud
Dekanich
Flaherty

who am I missing??

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Michael Leighton

yep. forgot about him.

and it looks like Fichaud actually had more games than Lasak, which surprises me... I thought Lasak played most of the games in that dreadful 0-10-3 finish to the 02-03 season

PredDave

Sep 24, 2003
Nashville
I had to go check out the Predators' all time roster on hockeydb so I could shake my head in disbelief... I could have sworn the likes of Jan Lasak, Brian Finley, and Wade Flaherty had won at least 1 game as a Predator. Great article!

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
I've always said that Korn is the best 'signing' Poile has ever made.

Easily the best goaltender coach in the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad