Preds fans: How good is Roman Josi?

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Note, looking at the career records of the defensemen of the Stanley Cup winning Hurricanes, all of the defensemen showed an increased point production.

That is a good point. Laviolette loves to generate the offense and wants his defensemen to be aggressive.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
I had a discussion on this board with a hockey's future analyst who rated josi 7c :shakehead

He made me look like stupid mastering better english than i did. The fact remains, and today prevails that Josi is a top player. And among the bests Switzerland has.

And i still expect him to start sniping more at a point in time. (because in Switzerland he was a sniper ... bigger ice ... more time ... maybe Laviolette will help him with a role that will grant him more sniping opportunities ?)

(and by the way, the Predators just put their hand on anther one that could be one of the top Swiss players in the comming years)

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
But they really aren't the same at all.

Agreed.

Josi is a number 1 defenseman in his own right. He has excellent speed, excellent positioning on both ends of the ice, above average shot/passing skills, excellent in transition .... He is a true dual threat both defensively as a shut down defender and offensively as a catalyst and finisher. In that regard and in the sense that both are not open ice hitters, Josi and Suter are similar, but watching them on the ice - they are not similar. I always maintain Suters hallmark is his exceptional transition game ability in which he is better than Josi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad