Post-Game Talk: Preds @ Detroit Red Wings :: 12/29/23 :: 6:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Remember when there were people on this board were dead set that DeBrincat should never be signed by the Preds because he wouldn’t help the team?

Pepperidge Farm’s remembers
That wasn't the argument, the argument was we weren't in a position to give up the assets required to get him. By the time we got to a point where we should be making a push he would be on the back half of his career.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
OH ... you believe baseless rumors? Bless your heart. (e4)
they werent -Additonally I spend roughly a month of the year outside of Detroit. Based on spending a ton of tome at my FIL’s country club and becoming friends with my wife’s childhood friends- they would all kill to move to the South if given the opportunity - Charleston, Nashville, Atlanta etc- Based on that You can surmise Debrincat would have gladly signed in Nashville.

• Haha
Reactions: wmupreds

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Guys i hate to say it… Saros is washed… he needs to be traded asap to maximize asset value

I played goalie for 12+ years and was a pretty damn good one at that (AAA, coukd have played for a decent ACHA school)

Saros should have slid over, risen up and challeneged Wallman instead of staying down… lazy goaltending
There is truly no limit to your small sample size overreactions

Reactions: 101st_fan

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
IMG_8551.jpeg

ok then explain this save percentage

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Debrincat cost kubalik (who had been up to that point in his career a 20G 20A per season player), 1st, 4th, and a minor d prospect. We dont really have a Kubalik comparable player anymore but that wouldve been jeannot. No clue what player we wouldve have to put in there since jeannot was gone.

Either way, debrincat doesnt fix the glaring hole at center or RHD. Glass is underperforming in a huge way. Fabbro, Carrier, Barrie, Schenn are all so underwhelming that Brunnette would rather have a top pairing of two LHD McD Josi and a bottom pairing of two RHD.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

Based on his replies I can surmise it is purely logical fallacies. I'm waiting on his declared 1C Novak to get a goal again.

Debrincat cost kubalik (who had been up to that point in his career a 20G 20A per season player), 1st, 4th, and a minor d prospect. We dont really have a Kubalik comparable player anymore but that wouldve been jeannot. No clue what player we wouldve have to put in there since jeannot was gone.

Either way, debrincat doesnt fix the glaring hole at center or RHD. Glass is underperforming in a huge way. Fabbro, Carrier, Barrie, Schenn are all so underwhelming that Brunnette would rather have a top pairing of two LHD McD Josi and a bottom pairing of two RHD.

McD / Josi is a working pair ... the problem is it exacerbates the glut of RHD we have when healthy. Fabbro / Schenn doesn't have anyone that playing well on their off side and Barrie keeps falling down.

We need Novak or Glass to step up and grab that 2C spot. ROR is solidly in the 1C spot, Sissons and McCarron have the 3 and 4.

View attachment 792398
ok then explain this save percentage
Where is your stat line there self declared wonderkind? Oh ... never made it to ACHA? Perhaps you should change your screen name to Uncle Rico.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro

I agree he wouldn’t have fixed the hole at center or RHD. He would on the other hand have help fix one of the most glaring holes of forwards not being able to score goals. He has 16 so far this season. The only player on the Preds with more than that is Forsberg.

Reactions: hido

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Based on his replies I can surmise it is purely logical fallacies. I'm waiting on his declared 1C Novak to get a goal again.

McD / Josi is a working pair ... the problem is it exacerbates the glut of RHD we have when healthy. Fabbro / Schenn doesn't have anyone that playing well on their off side and Barrie keeps falling down.

We need Novak or Glass to step up and grab that 2C spot. ROR is solidly in the 1C spot, Sissons and McCarron have the 3 and 4.

Where is your stat line there self declared wonderkind? Oh ... never made it to ACHA? Perhaps you should change your screen name to Uncle Rico.
I decided after my last highschool game a cool
and tough southern fraternity > club hockey and have never regretted thet decision once to this day

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth

also Novak and ROR have exactly the same pt production in the past 6 games so you have been hoisted by your own petard

In fact based on the month of December, Colton Sissons has been our # 1 C

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
also Novak and ROR have exactly the same pt production in the past 6 games so you have been hoisted by your own petard

In fact based on the month of December, Colton Sissons has been our # 1 C

Please buy a clue. ROR is the 1C ... the guy with more goals in the last 6 games than Novak (so much for your lie about same production), with 14 goals for the season, the guy playing in every situation.

Nice attempt at trying to invoke Shakespeare. Too bad you got it wrong ... as expected in one of your posts.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Please buy a clue. ROR is the 1C ... the guy with more goals in the last 6 games than Novak (so much for your lie about same production), with 14 goals for the season, the guy playing in every situation.

Nice attempt at trying to invoke Shakespeare. Too bad you got it wrong ... as expected in one of your posts.
ROR has exactly 1 more goal over Novak in the past 6 games… so your point is baseless

Additionally, I descend from a line of Learned doctors so of course I will quote Bill Shakespeare when given the chance

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
The Preds are my favorite team in all of sports it is not even close, That being said I try my hardest to not be a Homer . I don't know why .but Saros is not the same . every year he starts slow . WHY ?

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
'

What a flowery remark. Sir Fartsniffa

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I agree he wouldn’t have fixed the hole at center or RHD. He would on the other hand have help fix one of the most glaring holes of forwards not being able to score goals. He has 16 so far this season. The only player on the Preds with more than that is Forsberg.
Debrincat would put us at the cap ceiling this season and with the extra buyout penalty for duchene next season we wouldnt of really had the flexibility to fix the issues we have. The cap gained from losing barrie is eaten up by duchenes buyout and if you want to keep novak there goes most of the rise in cap with the rest eaten up with minor raises to tomasino and parsnips. You could forgoe novak but there really isnt anything better at C out there. No cap flexibility, most of our cap tied into buyouts, retained salary, forsberg, josi, saros, debrincat, ror, and mcD. We would really only be able to carry 22 if we signed debrincat and nyquist as well.

I just dont see this team as being at a point in its competitive cycle where it makes sense to go after an expensive winger like debrincat. Too many other issues that keep this team from being competitive unless everything is clicking just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad