Confirmed with Link: preds claim Fagemo

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Kings fan here. His biggest issue is he never really established his identity as a forward. I always described him as a volume shooter, more than a sniper.

He's not heavy on the boards and has good skating. Not a speedster, but can keep up.

Has decent puck protection. Not much of a dangler. He shoots first, asks questions later.

I think he could top out as a middle-six forward. Many fans are upset they lost him for nothing. I wasn't as high on him compared to others, but still a decent player who is a victim of Blake's roster mismanagement.

Reactions: Adz and wmupreds

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
could we see

Forsberg-O’Reilly-Parsinnen
Fagemo-Novak-Evangelista
Nyquist-Glass-Tomasino
Gurianov-Sissons-Trenin
I would think we'd see more balance than that on the 2nd line. None of those guys are 2 way players, none of them are physical, so if they don't have the puck, they're going to struggle.

Maybe move Fagemo to a line with Sissons, and bump Nyquist up with Novak and Evangelista, or move Parsinnen there, somehow.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
The good part about this, it's completely free. If he's no good then you waive him and you add a proven scorer to Milwaukee and if he's claimed then oh well you paid nothing.

Edit: I guess there was a small payment, so completely free isn't accurate, but very minimal is a better way to put it.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Anyone else concerned that Trotz and Bruno are shopping the bargain bin this late in camp? Whose spot is he gonna possibly take?

This really only makes sense if they have decided Guarinov isn't gonna work and are going to waive him.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Anyone else concerned that Trotz and Bruno are shopping the bargain bin this late in camp? Whose spot is he gonna possibly take?

This really only makes sense if they have decided Guarinov isn't gonna work and are going to waive him.
I wouldn't necessarily characterize it that way--I always see bargain bin diving to be trying to fill a tangible need with a freebie. This is more a low risk, high reward flyer, like Tolvanen was for Seattle. I'm not concerned with them taking a chance on him as there's guys that will be waived or in Milwaukee that could easily fill any slot he takes up if he doesn't work out.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

Players like McCarron and Jankowski proved relatively safe on the waiver wire over the past couple of seasons. Gurianov, if risked on the wire, isn't a huge deal. If Fagemo doesn't stick on the big club roster, he gets optioned to Milwaukee later and the Kings won't be able to put in a claim because they are up against the cap with just 21 players on the active roster.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

I think the "bargain bin" is a more apt characterization for players who fill a certain role but aren't perceived to have any upside. That's what you'd be rummaging in if you picked up another Jankowski or McCarron type and were just filling a depth role with an older guy.

Some of the claims so far this year have been guys who are just in their 1st year of waiver eligibility, have had some past prospect hype, and teams are still hoping they have upside. Lassi Thompson was a former 1st round pick. Or we talked about Ty Smith as a candidate. I think Fagemo falls more in this category of player. It's also similar to our arguments for why Kemell could have been kept around: we have open spots this year for a change, expectations aren't high, we can afford to take a chance on a guy with upside.

I have no clue who the 3 remaining cuts are going to be. Mine would be McCarron, Jankowski, and Del Gaizo. But if you can make 3 cuts that easy, then you certainly have room to take a chance on Fagemo IMHO. As we saw with Tolvanen, teams do make mistakes sometimes on the waiver wire. If you have room to try to take advantage of those, I say go for it. It would be nice to end up on the other side of a Tolvanen mistake this time.

Reactions: Kat Predator

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
If we're going to go younger and with more speed and skill, picking up Fagemo as opposed, to say, keeping McCarron in Nashville as the 13th/14th forward makes some sense in general. It's also quite possible that Brunette is penciling in his lines, considering how he wants to deploy them in matchups, and felt that he might be able to slot in a player like Fagemo on one of those lines. The claim lets them take a look and see if they guessed right or not, and there is no immediate pressure to have to keep 14 forwards up in Nashville or lose someone in a numbers crunch. We have plenty of guys that are waivers exempt and it's not likely names like Smith, Sherwood, Jankowski, or McCarron are going to be claimed at this point in their careers if sent down.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
I’m really interested in seeing Fagemo. He’s the most interesting claim in awhile. He could be a steal. LA was a victim of Cap and apparently trying to slip him through. With his AHL stats, if the Preds had drafted him, we’d probably be drooling to see him here with Tomasino and Evangilista. But we’ll see, I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad