Confirmed with Link: Preds Acquire Nick Baptiste from Buffalo for Jack Daugherty

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

*Dougherty......auto-correct

Guessing just a move to mainly benefit the Ads. Never thought Dougherty was headed for much here anyway. Might as well add another decent call up option at forward.

Last edited:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Baptiste could be a surprise 4th liner. Way more scoring than Rinaldo. TOI splits say more offensive player.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Seeing some despair on Twitter over losing Dougherty. I don't get that. He's literally regressed every year since his draft year in one way or another.

He's been passed by multiple dman and hasn't really been able to be the 'steady in his own end' guy he was billed, much less develop an offensive game.

Reactions: PredsV82

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I've been following this guy for a couple of seasons as I drafted him in a deep keeper league.

He's fast and skates well, has a shot but just hasn't put it together foe whatever reason in Buffalo. He flashes potential and last year some Sabres fans thought he could be a dark to eventually line up with Eichel thanks to his speed and propensity for shooting the puck.

I'm not sure this is anything other than a ln AHL move at this point, he hasn't been able to crack a Sabres team in desperate need of scoring wingers, and the current Preds roster can't even fit Eeli Tolvanen at the moment so there's definitely no room for Baptiste.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I've been following this guy for a couple of seasons as I drafted him in a deep keeper league.

He's fast and skates well, has a shot but just hasn't put it together foe whatever reason in Buffalo. He flashes potential and last year some Sabres fans thought he could be a dark to eventually line up with Eichel thanks to his speed and propensity for shooting the puck.

I'm not sure this is anything other than a ln AHL move at this point, he hasn't been able to crack a Sabres team in desperate need of scoring wingers, and the current Preds roster can't even fit Eeli Tolvanen at the moment so there's definitely no room for Baptiste.

He plays a 4th line role. More scoring touch but is gritty. Can score better than Rinaldo'h! and Salomaki. 6'1", 205 Ottawa boy. .5 point per game in the AHL. I see him in Milwaukee with a chance to make the 4th line. Tends to step up in the playoffs. Only 23

Reactions: Scoresberg

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
He's been passed by multiple dman and hasn't really been able to be the 'steady in his own end' guy he was billed, much less develop an offensive game.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Dougherty basically the only non-tryout guy that was scratched from both preseason games in Florida? In hindsight, that should have brought up red flags when AHL contracted Matt Donovan even played.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Dougherty basically the only non-tryout guy that was scratched from both preseason games in Florida? In hindsight, that should have brought up red flags when AHL contracted Matt Donovan even played.

I think you are correct thinking back on it. Good observation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad