Confirmed with Link: Preds acquire Jeremy Lauzon from Seattle for 2022 2nd round pick

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
They're interesting stats but don't' tell a whole picture.
Oh I agree. I just wondered if you thought they were maybe better stats at looking at things on an individual perspective. I mean nothing can be viewed as a whole picture in a team sport, but I think some of these might be a more complete picture than others.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
They are good stats (still need the context of team) but are they actually used in any of the math equations that people use to evaluate trades?
Shit, I don't know about any of that. I try to look at things through my own lens as much as possible and avoid just parroting what I hear/see. I don't always have a very good lens so that means I have some bad perspectives/takes, but I try to give an honest assessment.

I was just curious your opinion of those individual stats.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Shit, I don't know about any of that. I try to look at things through my own lens as much as possible and avoid just parroting what I hear/see. I don't always have a very good lens so that means I have some bad perspectives/takes, but I try to give an honest assessment.

I was just curious your opinion of those individual stats.
Gotcha. I like stats like that. They are the hard stats that you can use to verify, or disprove, what you think you're seeing on the ice without using some fancy math equation to try and quantify a players performance without watching them play. Especially when it comes to defensemen. Can he stop the rush and transition pucks out of the zone, those are the basic building blocks of playing defense.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
102.5's range barely reaches the Davidson county line
That's why they have like 3 alternate channels. Between 106.3 and 102.5 I can pick it up from Shelbyville to Franklin on my ride home. Don't listen in the afternoon/evening cause that host is an idiot who actually thinks he knows something about hockey.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
So Poile got a 24 y/o cost restricted RFA defensive Dman that was progressing nicely in the Boston system and had his best year before being selected in the expansion draft, has been playing big minutes there and is only a -9 on a team that is baaaaaaad. And somehow people are complaining that it's an over payment... this is me being surprised 🙄🙄🙄

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
So Poile got a 24 y/o cost restricted RFA defensive Dman that was progressing nicely in the Boston system and had his best year before being selected in the expansion draft, has been playing big minutes there and is only a -9 on a team that is baaaaaaad. And somehow people are complaining that it's an over payment... this is me being surprised 🙄🙄🙄
Eh most of it is not coming from Preds fans. From what I heard on the radio today there apparently was a bidding war for him so under those circumstances it's not that bad.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

Our radio, pseudo-media, and social media personalities are generally ignorant of hockey. They have no clue what a stay home defender should or shouldn't have as a stat background nor can they intelligently lay out what is the likelihood of a 2nd round pick playing 100 NHL games within 7 years of his draft year. They simply don't grasp that a stay home defender's job isn't to score and pretty charts made by others is all they can refer to.

Reactions: triggrman

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I would say so far so good... he probably won't play 18mins very often, but I thought overall our D-corps was looking much better than a couple of the previous keystone-cops games. I think there was a play where Lauzon's man escaped him, but that was a pretty good battle going on and more of a "kudos to the Ducks player" on that one than something I would fault Lauzon for. He got 4 hits. The slow start by the team getting stuck in their own zone was more an overall team inertia thing than the truly sloppy/head-shaking stuff we saw in the Philly game. Overall, Lauzon and Borowiecki in the lineup is going to help us a lot, I believe.
:dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad